News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Football (North America: NFL, CFL, Arena Football, minor leagues)

Started by Stephane Dumas, July 29, 2012, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: tchafe1978 on September 06, 2019, 03:53:51 PM
People just don't appreciate good defense anymore. I'll take a lower scoring defensive game over an offensive shootout any day. A close defensive game will keep me biting my nails and on the edge of my seat, whereas with a shootout I'll be getting frustrated as my team keeps giving up scores. BTW, congrats to the good guys winning last night!

It's not that it was good defense. The Bears played like shit with penalties and sloppy play.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Stephane Dumas

jakeroot

Holy fack, that game blew.

If I wasn't watching it with a die-hard Bears fan, I would have walked out fo sho.

Big John

Antonio Brown was released by the Raiders after all the antics he pulled.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Big John on September 07, 2019, 03:06:37 PM

This is hilarious to me. I feel a little bit bad for the Raiders, giving up those picks for him, but still: The Headcase was released! :-D

thspfc

Last year a family member of mine took Leveon Bell at no. 1 in our fantasy draft.

You can see where this is going. Same person took AB in the second round this year.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on September 07, 2019, 03:09:05 PM

This is hilarious to me. I feel a little bit bad for the Raiders, giving up those picks for him, but still: The Headcase was released! :-D

What's even most hilarious is that the Patriots just signed him.  Cue the conspiracy theories at any moment. 

Big John

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on September 07, 2019, 05:30:53 PM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on September 07, 2019, 03:09:05 PM

What's even most hilarious is that the Patriots just signed him.  Cue the conspiracy theories at any moment. 
:popcorn:

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Alps

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2019, 06:09:02 PM
Let's go AB!!!
I hope that the Cheats self-destruct in pivotal Game 17 due directly to AB's antics.

thspfc

Quote from: Alps on September 07, 2019, 06:30:42 PM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on September 07, 2019, 06:09:02 PM
Let's go AB!!!
I hope that the Cheats self-destruct in pivotal Game 17 due directly to AB's antics.
The pats' last regular season game never matters, because they're 27-2 and have already clinched the no.1 seed weeks before that.

MNHighwayMan

For real? checks news

Well shit. The hilarity level has decreased a bunch now.

mgk920

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on September 06, 2019, 04:51:46 PM
Quote from: tchafe1978 on September 06, 2019, 03:53:51 PM
People just don't appreciate good defense anymore. I'll take a lower scoring defensive game over an offensive shootout any day. A close defensive game will keep me biting my nails and on the edge of my seat, whereas with a shootout I'll be getting frustrated as my team keeps giving up scores. BTW, congrats to the good guys winning last night!

It's not that it was good defense. The Bears played like shit with penalties and sloppy play.

It was a typical Packers-Bears game - gobs and gobs of overpowering defense from both teams and just enough offense to get the job done.

:cool:

That said, the TV and radio guys were all commenting on how rusty both teams' offenses were and they were all pointing their fingers at the pre-season games and how pretty much none of the first string players took any snaps during any of them.  No chance to really congeal in game situations.

And I agree - it showed.

:banghead:

Mike

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on September 08, 2019, 02:00:21 AM

For real? checks news

Well shit. The hilarity level has decreased a bunch now.

The first of what I suspect is many to come:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/suspicions-grow-antonio-brown-patriots-144531799.html

Stephane Dumas

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

Alps

MNHighwayMan

What a crazy fall from grace and exit from the league, should he really be done. I'm not entirely convinced of that yet.

ET21

Good slate of college games today. Rank vs rank in each of the time slots
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Alps

"The Wolverines are now 4-11 against top-15 teams under Harbaugh after this loss, including 0-8 in road and neutral site games."
I'm out.

US71

I'm beginning to think University of Arkansas is about to start shopping for a new coach.  The current coach has run up an impressive 3-11 record since 2018 ;)
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

jakeroot

Another miserable day to be a Dolphins fan. My Smokin' Jay Cutler, "don't care" shirt will be getting a lot of use this season.

S/O to Pete Carroll...drilled in the face but still out there.

webny99

The Bills and Patriots both have 3-0 records, and they face off next week at New Era Field.

I'm not into sports at all - never have been - but this is one game I'll be watching at least semi-closely. Not only because it's rare to have two 3-0 teams facing each other. The winner goes 4-0, and if the Bills can pull off the upset, they'll have a better record than the Pats, and they may even have a decent shot at winning the AFC East, becoming the first non-Patriots winner in at least a decade, if not my entire lifetime.

The entire USA should be rooting for the Bills in this game, because I think we're all - even non-sports followers like myself - thoroughly sick of seeing the Pats at the Super Bowl.

formulanone

Quote from: jakeroot on September 22, 2019, 06:28:45 PM
Another miserable day to be a Dolphins fan. My Smokin' Jay Cutler, "don't care" shirt will be getting a lot of use this season.

One advantage to being a Dolphins fan right now: nobody will think you're on a bandwagon.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.