News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

interesting layout planned in colorado

Started by johndoe, November 04, 2017, 09:21:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndoe

I'm having a hard time visualizing the details of this one!

jeffandnicole

If this was in New Jersey, it would be characterized as "normal".

I'm surprised they don't have a better rendering of how it would look, rather than the court room artist's painting overview they used here.

My only issue would be the limited storage room between the roundabout and the intersections. Otherwise, it's not a terrribly bad idea.

pianocello

I can't imagine anything other than gridlock due to queues from the lights backing up into the roundabout. Of course, I could very well be overestimating traffic volumes and delays due to signal timing.
Davenport, IA -> Valparaiso, IN -> Ames, IA -> Orlando, FL -> Gainesville, FL -> Evansville, IN

NE2

One roundabout. One intersection to the southeast. One right-turn ramp coming out of the roundabout to the southwest. Not too complicated.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

johndoe

Quote from: NE2 on November 04, 2017, 10:54:27 PM
One roundabout. One intersection to the southeast. One right-turn ramp coming out of the roundabout to the southwest. Not too complicated.
The proximity between the intersections is unique.  The movements from the I-70 EB off-ramp are unique.  Is it possible to go from the roundabout to River Road?  Rerouting those movements is unique.

froggie

The illustration suggests another roundabout underneath the new Grand Ave Bridge, on what I'm guessing is River Rd, but I'm not seeing what's intersecting there...

BTW, for those who haven't figured out the specific location, it's this area in Glenwood Springs.  Grand Ave in this area is CO 82.

US 89

Quote from: froggie on November 05, 2017, 07:21:50 PM
BTW, for those who haven't figured out the specific location, it's this area in Glenwood Springs.  Grand Ave in this area is CO 82.

Wow, I would have guessed it was in Denver. That would be a weird design anywhere, but it would especially be weird in little Glenwood Springs. It looks like it belongs somewhere in Europe or in the Northeast, like NJ as jeffandnicole stated.

halork

Quote from: froggie on November 05, 2017, 07:21:50 PM
The illustration suggests another roundabout underneath the new Grand Ave Bridge, on what I'm guessing is River Rd, but I'm not seeing what's intersecting there...
Actually, I think that's just the entrance to a parking lot for the Hot Springs. Just an intersection made to look funky by the perspective drawing.

BTW, this thread should be on the Mountain West/Colorado board.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.