News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

US 180 eastern terminus

Started by bugo, July 04, 2012, 01:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I have a map that shows a US 180 shield east of I-820.  Where exactly did it end?

The High Plains Traveler

I have a 1950 RMcN atlas with city detail maps for both Ft. Worth and Dallas. Interestingly, U.S. 180 is shown as concurrent with U.S. 80 through Ft. Worth but not shown where U.S. 80 enters Dallas from the west. There isn't anything in between where it could terminate logically. The 1964 version shows it apparently going as far as downtown Ft. Worth along U.S. 80, but not marked east.

EDIT: Same observation on 1953 official map. It must have originally ended at Arlington, which I don't think amounted to much at that time.

OK Dale, it was Handley!
"Tongue-tied and twisted; just an earth-bound misfit, I."

NE2

There happens to be a site dedicated to the current and former ends of U.S. Highways. I can't remember the name - it's something like usfederalrouteends.com.

Oh, I remember: http://www.usends.com/Focus/FtWorth/index.html
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.