News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2018 NBA Finals

Started by LM117, May 29, 2018, 01:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Is having the Warriors and Cavs any different than the previous dominant teams of decades past?  In the 2000s there was a ton of Lakers, Spurs, and Pistons match-ups in the finals.  Basketball is more prone to having dominant teams with the small roster sizes compared to the other major sports.  You have one all time great player like the Cavs do with Lebron James and usually that's enough to at least get you to the finals almost every year.

Rothman

I don't see major, long-lasting dynastic rivalries as a bad thing, but I'm a Celtics fan. :D

It isn't like the rest of the NBA withers away when you only have three or four real contenders.  Same goes for other sports as well.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

bing101

https://hoopshype.com/2018/06/08/lebron-james-cleveland-cavaliers-free-agency/

Wow that is crazy the moment Golden State Warriors wins the NBA Finals the spotlight is always on Lebron James and where he is going.

But if you live in San Francisco you paid more attention to Durant being the MVP and the Rest of the Warriors celebrating the championship.

bing101

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

bing101

Quote from: LM117 on July 02, 2018, 10:05:19 AM
Well, at least there won't be a 5th Cavs-Warriors finals.

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23967725/lebron-james-joining-los-angeles-lakers-4-year-1533-million-deal

Well if you are a Golden State Warriors fan that Rivalry against Lebron James will move to the Western Conference finals if the Golden State Warriors and Lakers were to see each other there.

If Warriors beat Lakers in the Conference finals it will be interesting to see who will be the Eastern conference champ will be though. But its rare to see any NBA team to be in the finals 5 times in 5 years.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: bing101 on July 02, 2018, 11:53:15 AM

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23967725/lebron-james-joining-los-angeles-lakers-4-year-1533-million-deal

Well if you are a Golden State Warriors fan that Rivalry against Lebron James will move to the Western Conference finals if the Golden State Warriors and Lakers were to see each other there.

If Warriors beat Lakers in the Conference finals it will be interesting to see who will be the Eastern conference champ will be though. But its rare to see any NBA team to be in the finals 5 times in 5 years.

I'd still put the Lakers way behind the Warriors or even the Rockets.  Houston would likely be the team to knock Golden State out in the West.  I'd pick Boston to represent the Eastern conference. 

bing101

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 02, 2018, 01:59:20 PM
Quote from: bing101 on July 02, 2018, 11:53:15 AM

I'd still put the Lakers way behind the Warriors or even the Rockets.  Houston would likely be the team to knock Golden State out in the West.  I'd pick Boston to represent the Eastern conference.

True and also its hard to picture Golden State Warriors attacking any eastern conference team that Lebron is not in.

jp the roadgeek

The East is the Celtic Invitational. :)  The Lakers will not get by the Warriors or Rockets, and they probably won't even get by OKC or Utah either.  They'd be in a group with the Nuggets, T'Wolves, Blazers, and Spurs battling it out for the last 4 spots in the West.  As for the Cavs: they may win as many games as the Browns next year.

Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

bing101

http://abc7news.com/sports/espn-sources-javale-mcgee-reaches-deal-with-la-lakers/3688885/

Update now Javale McGee a former member of the Golden State Warriors is Joining the Lakers.

HazMatt

Quote from: bing101 on July 02, 2018, 08:23:16 PM
http://abc7news.com/sports/espn-sources-javale-mcgee-reaches-deal-with-la-lakers/3688885/

Update now Javale McGee a former member of the Golden State Warriors is Joining the Lakers.

And now Rajon Rondo.  Seems like a lot of work to lose in the conference semifinals.

bing101

sparker

Up here we're just hoping Cousins doesn't bring unwanted drama to the Warriors locker room.  Fortunately, there are enough players he seems to respect that will likely damp his less useful traits in that regard -- this team seems pretty damn good at maintaining cohesion over the last few years.  I see us in the finals vs. Boston next year!

bing101

Quote from: sparker on July 04, 2018, 02:56:39 AM
Up here we're just hoping Cousins doesn't bring unwanted drama to the Warriors locker room.  Fortunately, there are enough players he seems to respect that will likely damp his less useful traits in that regard -- this team seems pretty damn good at maintaining cohesion over the last few years.  I see us in the finals vs. Boston next year!

Well I remember Demarcus Cousins was mentioned in the Sacramento area for brining drama to the Kings before The Pelicans got him.

bing101

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.