News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Baltimore Beltway Pics on E-bay

Started by Mapmikey, November 28, 2014, 09:28:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MDRoads

Thanks for sharing these links. These are from the old Baltimore Sun archives.   The first one is actually on I-95 approaching the Beltway, the old JFK Highway Exit 2.  I had forgotten that there were non-button copy shields on those early signs.

Laura

Quote from: Mapmikey on November 28, 2014, 09:28:22 PM
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BS-PHOTO-big-659-Beltway-Traffic-Signs-Baltimore-County-/390968819852?pt=Art_Photo_Images&hash=item5b078ec08c

OMG, want!!!!!! This is the exit to my mom's house (and where I grew up).

Quote from: MDRoads on November 29, 2014, 03:01:03 PM
Thanks for sharing these links. These are from the old Baltimore Sun archives.   The first one is actually on I-95 approaching the Beltway, the old JFK Highway Exit 2.  I had forgotten that there were non-button copy shields on those early signs.

About what year is this? There are four lanes on each side of the JFK highway...

Mapmikey

back of the photo says Dec 1 68

Mapmikey

PHLBOS

Quote from: Mapmikey on December 02, 2014, 09:26:32 AM
back of the photo says Dec 1 68
Which makes sense given that one of the photos shows the back of a white '68 Ford Galaxie 500 4-door sedan (a barely one-year-old car then).
GPS does NOT equal GOD

cpzilliacus

Quote from: MDRoads on November 29, 2014, 03:01:03 PM

Note that there is no 695 shield for the Beltway's Inner Loop toward U.S. 40 and Essex, perhaps because the SRC did not want to mislead motorists into turning onto a "dead-end" (since this was taken years before the F.S. Key Bridge was completed with approaches in 1977).
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

NE2

Or more simply it wasn't I-695. It's still officially MD 695.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

cpzilliacus

Quote from: NE2 on December 03, 2014, 01:59:03 PM
Or more simply it wasn't I-695. It's still officially MD 695.

Umm, yeah.  I believe I knew that, Spui.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.