News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Characters That Most People Love But You Hate:

Started by In_Correct, January 22, 2020, 03:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Would You Watch More Often If That Character Was Not There?

Yes.
2 (50%)
No.
2 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Big John

Rothman

Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

roadman65

Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

texaskdog

Quote from: Big John on March 02, 2020, 10:20:52 PM
Quote from: texaskdog on March 02, 2020, 09:50:14 PM
FLO!
Progressive or Alice?

Progressive.  Wasn't a matter of getting tired of her I could never stand her. Though I am a hypocrite since they gave me the lowest rate.

Alice wasn't the same when Flo left, they should have brought her back.

PHLBOS

Quote from: texaskdog on March 03, 2020, 08:29:07 AMAlice wasn't the same when Flo left, they should have brought her back.
Shortly after Diane Ladd, who replaced Polly Holliday in the series, was fired from the show & the Flo spinoff was cancelled; Holliday was asked if she would return to Alice.  She turned down the offer.  IIRC, her listed reasoning was that once one left the nest; there was no going back.  She may have not wanted to work w/Linda Lavin anymore.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

roadman65

Chris Matthews?  Oh yes he is giving up his mike for retirment but i never watch the news anyway just to say that there are also some that interest many that dont interest many.

Anyway Polly Holiday who played Flo said when she left she was not returning even her own show flopped.

Sheryl Crowe

paulthemapguy

Quote from: Beltway on March 01, 2020, 11:22:14 PM
Quote from: Alps on January 23, 2020, 12:24:49 AM
Colbert is too liberal for Mr. Belkins.
Not really ... it is his sense of humor or lack thereof, jokes going over like the proverbial lead balloon.

Jokes that are about as funny as a flash flood in a Fizzies factory.

Don't lie.  You don't like him because you're also a conservative Trump supporter.
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

Beltway

Quote from: paulthemapguy on March 03, 2020, 03:43:15 PM
Not really ... it is his sense of humor or lack thereof, jokes going over like the proverbial lead balloon.  Jokes that are about as funny as a flash flood in a Fizzies factory.
Don't lie.  You don't like him because you're also a conservative Trump supporter.
No, he doesn't have a well developed timing and sense of humor.  There is a certain type of "dry humor" that is "clever" enough that I will find it humorous and will laugh at it. 

They need to so some "work" and not just expect people to laugh at "jokes" that are really not clever or humorous.
http://www.roadstothefuture.com
http://www.capital-beltway.com

Baloney is a reserved word on the Internet
    (Robert Coté, 2002)

dvferyance

Howard Sprague on the Andy Griffith Show he was horrible.

texaskdog

Quote from: dvferyance on March 03, 2020, 09:47:51 PM
Howard Sprague on the Andy Griffith Show he was horrible.

Every episode was about Howard for a while

bugo

Not really ... it is his sense of humor or lack thereof, jokes going over like the proverbial lead balloon.

Of course, that's the reason Kozel hates Colbert. Conservatives are so predictable. I am going to throw away all my clocks and watches because I don't need them anymore.

Beltway

Quote from: bugo on March 04, 2020, 08:14:36 AM
Of course, that's the reason Kozel hates Colbert. Conservatives are so predictable. I am going to throw away all my clocks and watches because I don't need them anymore.
You're being like the stopped clock that is right twice a day.

(Robert Coté, 2002)

roadman65

Dont argue with an Athiest they are always right.

Sheryl Crowe

Beltway

Quote from: roadman65 on March 04, 2020, 11:39:29 AM
Dont argue with an Athiest they are always right.
Arguments against bad theology can be difficult, or impossible in some cases.

(Robert Coté, 2002)

ce929wax

I'm not a fan of Will Farrell.  I don't find him funny and all of his movies are basically the same to me.

I'm also not a fan of any of the wives on The Real Housewives of____________, nor a fan of any of the characters on any of the MTV shows or Tim Allen for that matter.  I used to like Tim Allen until I listened to one of his stand up routines where he referred to his infant daughter as a bitch.  I understand comedy is shocking, but that crosses a line for me.  Plus, I don't care for his politics that much.

texaskdog

Quote from: ce929wax on March 04, 2020, 09:59:32 PM

I'm also not a fan of any of the wives on The Real Housewives of____________,

But the lady yelling at the cat is hilarious and I thank the housewives for that. 

Henry

To me, Kevin James is a big, fat thorn in my side. Seeing his stupid antics on King of Queens once was enough for me, plus his movies aren't any better.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Rothman

Quote from: Henry on March 05, 2020, 10:30:26 AM
To me, Kevin James is a big, fat thorn in my side. Seeing his stupid antics on King of Queens once was enough for me, plus his movies aren't any better.
I actually thought his role in Pixels was excellent -- a good performance in a terrible movie.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

andrepoiy

I generally dislike Jim Halpert from the Office. The way he annoys the hell out of Dwight, if I were in Dwight's shoes, I'd be extremely annoyed and ticked off as well. That's why I kind of hate Jim, why would he prank someone just to be entertained by their reaction. It's quite mean.

Rothman

Quote from: andrepoiy on March 17, 2020, 06:37:29 PM
I generally dislike Jim Halpert from the Office. The way he annoys the hell out of Dwight, if I were in Dwight's shoes, I'd be extremely annoyed and ticked off as well. That's why I kind of hate Jim, why would he prank someone just to be entertained by their reaction. It's quite mean.
So...you sympathize with Dwight despite his own abrasiveness?

Coelacanth

Quote from: ce929wax on March 04, 2020, 09:59:32 PM
I'm not a fan of Will Farrell.  I don't find him funny and all of his movies are basically the same to me.

This. They are all the same: unfunny.

texaskdog

Never liked the Farrell years of SNL.  He does have some good scene stealing parts in movies.  He's really good in Old School, Kicking and Screaming, that election movie with Zach Whatshisnuts, Wedding Crashers.  However I hated Anchorman and Elf.

Rothman

Heh.  I liked him in Anchorman and Stranger Than Fiction. 

Did not like Talladega Nights or The Other Guys...

Max Rockatansky

Anchor Man was a classic.  Talladega Nights is worth the price of entry to just hear the PSA about wild packs of dogs.

formulanone

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on March 19, 2020, 11:43:14 PM
Talladega Nights is worth the price of entry to just hear the PSA about wild packs of dogs.

Or to hear racing's sacred cows and excesses ripped to shreds.

I can see where a lot of the silly might just sound stupid if you weren't taking the sport extra-serious at some point.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.