News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

2022 meet ideas

Started by A.J. Bertin, August 06, 2021, 06:03:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A.J. Bertin

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything recently about the West Irondequoit NY or Plattsburgh/Clinton County NY meets that have been proposed/discussed as possibilities for this spring?  Is there a chance that either of these meets might still happen in the spring (or some other time in 2022)?
-A.J. from Michigan

Alps

Quote from: Laura on February 17, 2022, 01:20:06 PM
Update: I'm looking at doing Lynchburg on June 11 and Cumberland on Columbus Day weekend.
I can make Columberland work. I think.

SSOWorld

Update: I'm looking at doing Lynchburg on June 11 and Cumberland on Columbus Day weekend.
There's a Columbus Day weekend? :bigass:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

cl94

I'm definitely interested in both Lynchburg and Cumberland, but let's see where I'm living and what I'm doing when those happen.

On that note, expect a 2023 or 2024 meet from me wherever I end up. I have a feeling it'll be somewhere that hasn't had a meet in a while but is still accessible to people.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

TheHighwayMan3561

Right now I'm putting the Twin Cities meet as unlikely. I'll be honest about it. I just don't really want to do it right now.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on February 20, 2022, 12:48:22 AM
Right now I'm putting the Twin Cities meet as unlikely. I'll be honest about it. I just don't really want to do it right now.

Thanks for letting us know.  Your honesty is appreciated!  No problem... there's always plenty of time to host that meet in the future.
-A.J. from Michigan

vdeane

Given that Lynchberg is June 11, I don't expect to try for a Schenectady/Amsterdam meet in that month.  Once I find out when the Family Picnic is and whether my parents plan to go to the Thousand Islands or come over to visit me in the Capital District, I'll take a look at the calendar and see if it's possible to squeeze something in during the late July/early August timeframe.  It's sure filling up fast!

I've put Cumberland back on my radar since it's back to Columbus Day weekend.  Is that still planned for a two day meet, or back down to one?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

JMoses24

Judging by the poll results with 2 days to go in the voting, October 22 is the likely date for the OKC meet.

Nikolai

There's a lot going on in October now, so I'll do Janesville in September or November.

vdeane

Based on what I want to feature, the meet calendar, and my calendar, I've decided to have Schenectady-Amsterdam on August 6.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

A.J. Bertin

Hey, Laura... are you still planning on hosting Cumberland the weekend of October 8-9?
-A.J. from Michigan

vdeane

^ I am curious about the status of the Cumberland meet as well.  I'm at the point where I need to start firming up my plans for September/October a bit.

A.J. Bertin

As we are inching closer to fall, I thought I should follow up on this thread and clean up our 2022 road-meet list a bit if I can.

Specifically, I'm wondering if any of these potential meets on the list might still be happening this year:

• Cumberland MD - October 8?
  • Shawangunk NY?
  • Nice Bridge/U.S. 301 (Dahlgren VA) mini-meet?

I'll keep them on the list if there's a chance that they'll take place, but I'd prefer to remove them now if we already know that none of them are happening this year.  Thanks in advance for anyone who can help me clean up the list.
-A.J. from Michigan

74/171FAN

I am not planning to proceed with anything at the Nice Bridge at this point.  That should probably be removed.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

andrepoiy

Would anyone ever be interested in a meet somewhere in Toronto

Rothman

Quote from: andrepoiy on August 26, 2022, 11:31:26 AM
Sure.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: 74/171FAN on August 26, 2022, 07:29:37 AM
I am not planning to proceed with anything at the Nice Bridge at this point.  That should probably be removed.

Thanks for letting me know.  I'll remove it.
-A.J. from Michigan

A.J. Bertin

Absolutely!!  I love Canada and would love another reason to go to Toronto.  :)
-A.J. from Michigan

baugh17

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on August 26, 2022, 01:38:16 PM

There was a Toronto meet back in 2016.  Not sure how much has changed since.

andrepoiy

Quote from: baugh17 on August 26, 2022, 08:45:14 PM
Quote from: A.J. Bertin on August 26, 2022, 01:38:16 PM

There was a Toronto meet back in 2016.  Not sure how much has changed since.

New Highway 401 widening opening soon by the looks of it, new Highway 427 extension, and one section of the Gardiner been completely replaced (and also the demolished ramps to Lake Shore)... some things have changed for sure, not sure if people would be interested in checking those things out though

Brandon

Might be a good 2023 idea at this time in the season (and to hopefully make border crossings easier).
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

yanksfan6129

Indeed, is the Cumberland meet Laura mentioned for Indigenous Peoples' Day weekend still happening?

Alps

The Cumberland meet is not happening this year. Look for it next year.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Alps on September 03, 2022, 08:35:43 PM

I've crossed it off from the list.  The only other meet I'm still wondering about is Shawangunk.  Haven't heard anything about it recently, so I assume it's not happening.  Does anyone know for sure?
-A.J. from Michigan

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: A.J. Bertin on September 03, 2022, 10:11:37 PM
Quote from: Alps on September 03, 2022, 08:35:43 PM

I've crossed it off from the list.  The only other meet I'm still wondering about is Shawangunk.  Haven't heard anything about it recently, so I assume it's not happening.  Does anyone know for sure?

I'd say Shawangunk isn't happening. David Gulub mentioned it once, last fall (or winter), and has never brought it back up.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.