News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cl94

Quote from: SignGeek101 on May 05, 2016, 08:47:34 PM
34 C (95 F) today in Winnipeg. Broke a 90 year record. Haven't had rain in over two weeks now. I'm concerned about grass fires.

With that massive fire in Alberta, I don't blame you. With the rate at which it's expanding, it very well might become the largest wildfire in recorded history.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

JMoses24

49 degrees and partly cloudy in Springdale, OH at midnight. Heading for the 60's Friday and 70's Saturday.

jakeroot

Quote from: cl94 on May 06, 2016, 12:03:12 AM
Quote from: SignGeek101 on May 05, 2016, 08:47:34 PM
34 C (95 F) today in Winnipeg. Broke a 90 year record. Haven't had rain in over two weeks now. I'm concerned about grass fires.

With that massive fire in Alberta, I don't blame you. With the rate at which it's expanding, it very well might become the largest wildfire in recorded history.

That's a bit of a stretch. History's largest fires stem from years when they were allowed to freely burn, and scorched millions of acres. I doubt this would ever reach that magnitude, especially with the cooler temperatures and low winds forecast for the foreseeable future.

Rothman

Quote from: jakeroot on May 06, 2016, 12:16:50 AM
History's largest fires stem from years when they were allowed to freely burn, and scorched millions of acres.

I thought the problem now was due to the U.S.' former full suppression policy on wildfires that we've messed with wildfires actually being an integral part of forestry.  Hence, now we have the controlled burns and whatnot to rectify the unnatural overabundance of fuel caused by the former misguided policy.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

english si

Reached 27 (81 in German units that the Germans never really used) here, which would be considered 'nice' in summer. We had freezing weather just 10 days ago, with snow and sleet!

Even now at 7pm after it has cooled down to a typical-warm-May-day temperature of 20, we're still currently hotter than Los Angeles (where it is 11am and nearly as hot as it is going to get today). I'm surprised the air isn't full of BBQ smells, but I guess it's caught us by surprise quite how pleasant today was.

english si

It's stopped raining now, but today has been miserable. I don't think it got over 50F all day, and rained heavily most of the afternoon. Great start to my summer break :( (and the schoolkids all have this week off and will probably drive their parents nuts), but yesterday wasn't too bad - often Bank Holidays have horrible weather.

kkt

Just gorgeous.  72 degrees F, about 95% clear, light breeze.

SignGeek101

Cold and rainy here. Temperature was going below 20 C (68 F) in the house, so on went the furnace in the house (check your calendar, it's June..)  :angry:
It was on for only a little while though. I don't want to pay that much for gas this time of year!

On the bright side, it completely refilled my rain barrel in the back, so that means free water for me for awhile.

Zeffy

Supposedly it's going to thunderstorm today. May even see some severe ones, and possibly, a tornado or two in the Mid-Atlantic. Well, that's what they are saying anyways, so let's see how spot-on they are with those predictions... I love me a good thunderstorm! 
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

Bruce

88 degrees F, clear and sunny. Too hot to be comfortable, especially without AC (which many residences here lack).

Went for a nice walk yesterday with some friends and ate dinner at the Columbia Tower Club, some 900 feet above street level.

https://twitter.com/SounderBruce/status/739600968526897152

Zeffy

Quote from: Zeffy on June 05, 2016, 10:57:52 AM
Supposedly it's going to thunderstorm today. May even see some severe ones, and possibly, a tornado or two in the Mid-Atlantic. Well, that's what they are saying anyways, so let's see how spot-on they are with those predictions... I love me a good thunderstorm!

And we got... nothing (besides rain). Hillsborough kills most severe weather that enters it's boundaries. That squall line looked a lot more menacing before it hit us...

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

jakeroot

Quote from: Bruce on June 05, 2016, 07:33:12 PM
88 degrees F, clear and sunny. Too hot to be comfortable, especially without AC (which many residences here lack).

My house feels like it's about a million degrees. Every house I've ever lived in up until last week has had A/C. My new abode...does not. I am miserable.

My phone was reading 94 F, and my car was reading 96 F. Granted, it was the South Hill weather station, south of Puyallup, which is almost always hotter than Seattle.

Quote from: Zeffy on June 05, 2016, 08:53:52 PM
Quote from: Zeffy on June 05, 2016, 10:57:52 AM

And we got... nothing (besides rain). Hillsborough kills most severe weather that enters it's boundaries. That squall line looked a lot more menacing before it hit us...

I hate when that happens. We very seldom get thunderstorms in the Seattle area, so I always get excited when I hear one might be approaching. Of course, when they then don't arrive, I am left very disappointed.

SignGeek101

I actually like the house temperature to be about 25 (77 F) or so during the summer. Anything lower is too cold. I also don't like AC too much either.

Quote from: jakeroot on June 06, 2016, 12:39:45 AM
Of course, when they then don't arrive, I am left very disappointed.

Thunderstorms mean tornadoes and severe weather sometimes anyway. Though, I do feel the same as you. We got a short storm yesterday. Some lighting and thunder, and it quickly moved on.

jakeroot

Quote from: SignGeek101 on June 06, 2016, 01:28:16 AM
Quote from: jakeroot on June 06, 2016, 12:39:45 AM
Of course, when they then don't arrive, I am left very disappointed.

Thunderstorms mean tornadoes and severe weather sometimes anyway. Though, I do feel the same as you. We got a short storm yesterday. Some lighting and thunder, and it quickly moved on.

Certainly if you live in the south, or some parts of the Prairies, they can mean bad things. And while we do get tornadoes from time to time around here, they are never more than EF1...they might tear up a barn or knock over some train cars, but that's it. For the most part, thunderstorms here mean lightning and hail, maybe some short-lived standing water. That's pretty much it (so, in short, I can like thunderstorms without feeling guilty).

kkt

Very hot outside today.  I moved into this house in May, and it has AC!  Woohoo!

noelbotevera

Lovin' the thunderin' with the rain I'm getting here. Good thing I live in a flat area.

TravelingBethelite

A gorgeous day in store here, highs in the lower 80s and partly sunny skies.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

Bruce

Still hot.

It took me until 2 am last night to fall asleep. I can't deal with the heat, especially when it is slow to dissipate and when my bedroom is facing west.

Zeffy

I couldn't survive in anything above 80 degrees and >65% humidity. I abhor humidity. Sweating easily is not a good thing for people like me who don't shower in the morning.

Bruce

After a hot day yesterday (walking around in the shade-less suburbs in 85F heat was no fun), we've got a reprieve.

Currently 59F and cloudy here. It would be perfect if not for the sudden change giving me a bit of a cold.

Yesterday, the low (at 5 am) was 59F.

cl94

85 degrees and sunny, no wind, 30% humidity. Going to get into the mid-90s tomorrow and Monday here in Albany. That's too hot for me. My air conditioning hasn't shut off all day.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

TravelingBethelite

Finally some good summer heat...mid-to-upper 80s for the the foreseeable future. All good with me.  :colorful:
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

CNGL-Leudimin

And in this part of the world the temps have been cool in the last few days, reaching only the low 70s. It even has snowed up in the mountains!
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.