News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Sheridan Expressway Mini-Meet?

Started by dgolub, April 07, 2016, 09:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dgolub

So, now that they're seriously talking about demolishing the Sheridan Expressway (I-895), is anyone up for a meet to clinch it while it's still there?  Of course, the Sheridan itself will take all of five minutes, so here are some ideas for other stuff in the area that we could tack on as well:

* City Island Bridge reconstruction
* Kosciuszko Bridge reconstruction
* Unofficially resurrected NY 25C
* Sunrise Highway (NY 27)/Merrick Road (Nassau CR 27) grade separation
* Taconic Parkway before it gets exit numbers
* Playland Parkway
* Central Westchester Parkway (Westchester CR 150)
* Croton Expressway (US 9) and Bear Mountain Bridge (US 6/US 202)

If you're interested, let me know which of the above would do most interesting to tack on or if you have any other ideas in the general area.

Rothman

Keep in mind the money's not going to kick in for a few years, so no rush.  In my experience, NYSDOT's program can have drastic changes even a year out.

(personal opinion emphasized).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

froggie

QuoteTaconic Parkway before it gets exit numbers

An argument could be made that it'd be more interesting to wait until AFTER it gets exit numbers..

vdeane

Quote from: froggie on April 07, 2016, 11:32:17 AM
QuoteTaconic Parkway before it gets exit numbers

An argument could be made that it'd be more interesting to wait until AFTER it gets exit numbers..
Agreed.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Alps

We already have the Tuxedo meet and - hopefully - the Tappan Zee meet this year in NY. This might want to wait until next year. There will be a time when Kosciuszko Bridge traffic is using the old approaches but the new bridge as construction continues - somewhere either just before or just after that changeover seems prime.

dgolub

Quote from: Alps on April 07, 2016, 06:21:08 PM
We already have the Tuxedo meet and - hopefully - the Tappan Zee meet this year in NY. This might want to wait until next year. There will be a time when Kosciuszko Bridge traffic is using the old approaches but the new bridge as construction continues - somewhere either just before or just after that changeover seems prime.

Oh, there's still a separate TZB meet planned?  When is that one happening?

Alps

Quote from: dgolub on April 07, 2016, 07:02:20 PM
Quote from: Alps on April 07, 2016, 06:21:08 PM

Oh, there's still a separate TZB meet planned?  When is that one happening?
I need to get my act together.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.