News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Random bridge photos

Started by FLRoads, June 01, 2010, 06:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US71

Sugar Creek near Springfield, IL
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Alex

Quote from: bugo on June 04, 2010, 06:56:37 PM

This bridge is a purpose built pedestrian bridge, the Anne Street Bridge in Minot, ND:

Laramie, WY has a similar type bridge that we have walked across:

bugo

Alex, how many main spans does that bridge have?  I wonder if it's the same railroad company as the line in Minot.

Truvelo

I spotted this one in Shiprock, NM the other day and it's pretty obvious there was a two lane road there originally with the bridge I'm about to drive across being the later one. I much prefer the older ones with tons of steel even though they are high maintenance, or in the case of this one they are just left to go rusty. The only painting is that done by the graffiti artists :ded:

Speed limits limit life

Brandon

Lacon, Illinois bridge over the Illinois River.

In the middle of the bridge.

"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

bugo

Quote from: Brandon on July 02, 2010, 01:00:59 PM

Seems like the Illinois River has quite a few old trusses.

Brandon

Quote from: bugo on July 02, 2010, 03:13:48 PM
Quote from: Brandon on July 02, 2010, 01:00:59 PM

Seems like the Illinois River has quite a few old trusses.

Quite a few left.  However, they are getting fewer in number as IDOT replaces them.  That said, some of these trusses and even left bridges from Chicago to the Mississippi River on the Illinois Waterway aren't going anywhere soon.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Alex

Quote from: bugo on June 05, 2010, 12:53:50 PM
Alex, how many main spans does that bridge have?  I wonder if it's the same railroad company as the line in Minot.

Just the one over the series of tracks. Is that what you mean?

bugo

Quote from: AARoads on July 12, 2010, 07:33:24 PM
Quote from: bugo on June 05, 2010, 12:53:50 PM

Just the one over the series of tracks. Is that what you mean?
Yes.  One of the Minot bridges has one truss span, while the other one has 2.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.