News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Lake Erie bridge (Ohio -> Ontario?)

Started by 6a, January 02, 2011, 03:48:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveG1988

Coming soon, my idea for the bridge using a image i found on google maps of the region, and GIMP.
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

surferdude

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on January 02, 2011, 04:02:19 PM
It would be fun to see and I hope it'll be a reality in my lifetime ;)

there was some other projects suggested in the past like this one mentionned at http://www.kurumi.com/roads/3di/ix71.html#fn

QuoteA 1970s Ohio/Ontario plan proposed a 47-mile bridge over Lake Erie, from I-271 in Willowick, Ohio, to Port Stanley, Ontario, and contining as a freeway to the Route 401 near London.

The single-span bridge would have carried four lanes, with two different suspension bridge crossings of shipping channels. The cost estimate in the 1970s was about $1 billion, and the toll would have been large. The above alignment was the most direct of three studied; the others slanted to the east and west, the longest one about 70 miles.

Meanwhile, we could also try for high-speed ferry linking Cleveland and Erie, PA with Ontario.

Not going to work in the winter last year the lake froze over solid

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: surferdude on December 22, 2011, 03:20:06 PM
Quote from: Stephane Dumas on January 02, 2011, 04:02:19 PM
It would be fun to see and I hope it'll be a reality in my lifetime ;)

there was some other projects suggested in the past like this one mentionned at http://www.kurumi.com/roads/3di/ix71.html#fn

QuoteA 1970s Ohio/Ontario plan proposed a 47-mile bridge over Lake Erie, from I-271 in Willowick, Ohio, to Port Stanley, Ontario, and contining as a freeway to the Route 401 near London.

The single-span bridge would have carried four lanes, with two different suspension bridge crossings of shipping channels. The cost estimate in the 1970s was about $1 billion, and the toll would have been large. The above alignment was the most direct of three studied; the others slanted to the east and west, the longest one about 70 miles.

Meanwhile, we could also try for high-speed ferry linking Cleveland and Erie, PA with Ontario.

Not going to work in the winter last year the lake froze over solid
Rate we're going we'll need a bridge from Cincy to Cleveland with all this water we've had to absorb in Ohio this year.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.