MN-5 just before the Washington County turnback

Started by MNHighwayMan, June 07, 2016, 02:31:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MNHighwayMan

I just recently learned that the turnback of MN-5 in Washington County has finally occurred. However, when I heard the news that it was about to occur, I made a special trip up to the area to get pictures before the signs came down. All of these pictures are from June 15 2015, which must've been shortly before the signs were taken down/replaced. (Maybe someone knows more accurately when the changeover occurred?)

The south junction (and its current eastern terminus)
The former north junction

Lastly, while I didn't get any pictures of any of the other junctions, I did also get pictures of the end/begin signs at MN-36.

TheHighwayMan3561

The changeover took place in December. I got a set of photos that took place in the middle of the changes (I don't think you need to have Facebook to view them, but if you do need FB and don't use it let me know and I'll condense some of the highlights into something you can see without FB)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.494275660757054.1073741886.383205778530710&type=3
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on June 07, 2016, 04:18:24 AM
The changeover took place in December. I got a set of photos that took place in the middle of the changes (I don't think you need to have Facebook to view them, but if you do need FB and don't use it let me know and I'll condense some of the highlights into something you can see without FB)

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.494275660757054.1073741886.383205778530710&type=3

Oh, I just liked your page the other day and went scrolling through there but didn't see those ones. Very interesting. I like how they put up OLD signs, as well as a BEGIN sign at the south junction with MN-120. (A picture of that same marker before the changeover.)

TheHighwayMan3561

I literally just saw you already found my set of photos this afternoon and came back to respond to that fact, and you had already replied here. That's funny. :D
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

MNHighwayMan

Hehe, yeah, that's what inspired me to make this post, figuring that I'd be sharing them with a wider audience here.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.