variation of offset single point interchange

Started by johndoe, September 16, 2018, 08:57:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johndoe

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

johndoe

Quote from: NE2 on September 16, 2018, 08:06:11 PM
This is functionally equivalent to an interchange in Pittsburgh: http://www.google.com/maps/@40.4141769,-80.0098988,17z
Cool example, they really squeezed that one in!

It is pretty darn similar, although the New Mexico version makes the signal more efficient by allowing one of the off-ramp lefts to proceed at the same time as the on-ramp "right" (loop)

(see slide 18/28 in the first link ... phases 2 and 7)
...I just thought of how many northbound rights (labeled phase 1) will make the right turn into the adjacent lanes and end up back on the freeway in the same direction they just exited ha!  I wonder how they'll sign that...

webny99

Reminds me a lot of this interchange. Basically, the only difference is that, in the case of I-390/NY 15, the southbound off-ramp requires using East River Road, which is a two-way surface street. Also, the bottom half is partially combined with the NY 15A interchange, which makes comparing a little complicated.

Quote from: johndoe on September 16, 2018, 10:17:46 PM
It is pretty darn similar, although the New Mexico version makes the signal more efficient by allowing one of the off-ramp lefts to proceed at the same time as the on-ramp "right" (loop)

Yeah, that's the other difference compared to the one I linked as well. Other than that, it's functionally pretty much the same.

Mark68

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."~Yogi Berra

NE2

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Mark68

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."~Yogi Berra

NE2

lordsutch

Quote from: johndoe on September 16, 2018, 10:17:46 PM
...I just thought of how many northbound rights (labeled phase 1) will make the right turn into the adjacent lanes and end up back on the freeway in the same direction they just exited ha!  I wonder how they'll sign that...

I think striping would probably be the best way to communicate that idea, with dashed lines on both sides of the lane going diagonally across the east-to-north roadway. A turn restriction could be added later if that doesn't work.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.