News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Why is your username what it is?

Started by jlam, January 02, 2022, 10:52:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Pete from Boston on January 19, 2022, 12:21:43 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 19, 2022, 10:52:50 AM
Quote from: Pete from Boston on January 19, 2022, 10:30:20 AM
I'll give you three guesses.

You're from New York and your name is James?

The irony is that I am neither originally from Boston nor have I lived in it for years. But I did when I chose it (in the vein of "Butch from the Cape,"  for any that know who he was), and I'm about a 7-minute drive from city limits now so I round up to Boston.

Considering how California centric I tend to post I find it amusing sometimes to recollect that I lived in Orlando when I registered on the forum.

snowc

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 19, 2022, 12:39:31 PM

The irony is that I am neither originally from Boston nor have I lived in it for years. But I did when I chose it (in the vein of "Butch from the Cape,"  for any that know who he was), and I'm about a 7-minute drive from city limits now so I round up to Boston.

Considering how California centric I tend to post I find it amusing sometimes to recollect that I lived in Orlando when I registered on the forum.
The location in the Sector 26, reminds me of Sector 7-G from Homer Simpson's famous quotes with Smithers and Mr. Burns.  :spin:

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: snowc on January 19, 2022, 01:36:04 PM

The location in the Sector 26, reminds me of Sector 7-G from Homer Simpson's famous quotes with Smithers and Mr. Burns.  :spin:

References this:

https://madmax.fandom.com/wiki/Highway_9,_Sector_26

snowc

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 19, 2022, 01:39:49 PM

References this:

So your a Nightrider fan?  :hmmm:

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: snowc on January 19, 2022, 01:40:51 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 19, 2022, 01:39:49 PM

References this:

So your a Nightrider fan?  :hmmm:

No the Route 9, Sector 26 sign in Mad Max had a fatality counter on it.  I found it amusing given I used to drive by fatality/kill counter signs every day in Southern Florida like this:

https://flic.kr/p/2m3ZGjK

stormwatch7721

My username means I'm both a weather and road enthusiast, Hence the stormwatch (Interstate)77 and (Ohio SR) 21.

1995hoo

Quote from: webny99 on January 18, 2022, 08:24:55 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 03, 2022, 05:16:09 PM
Quote from: Big John on January 03, 2022, 05:08:48 PM
Because I like large, oversized toilets. :bigass:

I'm big and my name is John.

I didn't even know this was a thing until I did a little searching:

https://mybesttoilet.com/best-oversized-toilets/

I've known john was an informal word for toilet since I was a little kid. But now I'm curious if that's just because I heard my grandma say it a few times, or if other people know this as well 😅 

I've known that for as long as I can remember, in part because the best-known purveyor of portable toilets in the DC area is Don's Johns (to the point where when I was growing up, you didn't call it a port-a-potty or an outhouse, you called it a "Don's Johns," even if the purveyor was competitor Jiffy John).

But when I was in high school I got in the habit of referring to it as the head because one of my teachers, the late John Donohue, didn't like it when people referred to "the john."
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Scott5114

Quote from: 1995hoo on January 20, 2022, 02:40:45 PM
Quote from: webny99 on January 18, 2022, 08:24:55 AM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 03, 2022, 05:16:09 PM
Quote from: Big John on January 03, 2022, 05:08:48 PM
Because I like large, oversized toilets. :bigass:

I'm big and my name is John.

I didn't even know this was a thing until I did a little searching:

https://mybesttoilet.com/best-oversized-toilets/

I've known john was an informal word for toilet since I was a little kid. But now I'm curious if that's just because I heard my grandma say it a few times, or if other people know this as well 😅 

I've known that for as long as I can remember, in part because the best-known purveyor of portable toilets in the DC area is Don's Johns (to the point where when I was growing up, you didn't call it a port-a-potty or an outhouse, you called it a "Don's Johns," even if the purveyor was competitor Jiffy John).

But when I was in high school I got in the habit of referring to it as the head because one of my teachers, the late John Donohue, didn't like it when people referred to "the john."

That probably would have made more kids call it the john at my high school.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.