Meta > Suggestions and Questions

Split photo contests / games into separate board

<< < (3/9) > >>

oscar:

--- Quote from: Mr. Matté on May 03, 2022, 08:55:52 AM ---
--- Quote from: webny99 on May 03, 2022, 07:52:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Scott5114 on April 30, 2022, 09:54:37 PM ---I'm somewhat reluctant to endorse adding a new board, as there are already 24 of them for most logged-in users, not even counting sub-boards.

--- End quote ---

Is there any chance my suggestion of using "Photos, Videos, and More" as a location for all game threads would work instead of a whole new board?

--- End quote ---

The Travel Mapping board has been obsolete for the past 6 years as well so that one could be a candidate for deletion/repurposing.

--- End quote ---

Travel Mapping is a mere "child board" (or "sub-board") of "Off-Topic". Its deletion (which I would be OK with) would not declutter the forum, or create a new opportunity to re-clutter the forum.

I think moving around the games threads would be a waste of time. Thread titles do much of the work of helping users filter in or out games threads. For example, I always ignore any thread called "Guess the ...", no matter where it is located.

Rothman:
Getting rid of any thread declutters the forum.  Kill the Travel Mapping thread.

Scott5114:

--- Quote from: Rothman on May 03, 2022, 04:51:24 PM ---Getting rid of any thread declutters the forum.  Kill the Travel Mapping thread.

--- End quote ---

So if I delete this thread—?

Scott5114:

--- Quote from: webny99 on May 03, 2022, 07:52:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Scott5114 on April 30, 2022, 09:54:37 PM ---I'm somewhat reluctant to endorse adding a new board, as there are already 24 of them for most logged-in users, not even counting sub-boards.

--- End quote ---

Is there any chance my suggestion of using "Photos, Videos, and More" as a location for all game threads would work instead of a whole new board?

--- End quote ---

This would work for the games where users are required to post their own content (like the city name photo game), but not for the guess-the-location type games (since those often operate on non-user-created photos, i.e. Street View).

rickmastfan67:
Maybe require any 'game' thread to start with the word "GAME:"?  If they don't have it, nuke them?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version