Meta > Suggestions and Questions

Split photo contests / games into separate board

<< < (7/9) > >>

webny99:

--- Quote from: Scott5114 on May 03, 2022, 08:26:05 PM ---
--- Quote from: webny99 on May 03, 2022, 07:52:31 AM ---
--- Quote from: Scott5114 on April 30, 2022, 09:54:37 PM ---I'm somewhat reluctant to endorse adding a new board, as there are already 24 of them for most logged-in users, not even counting sub-boards.

--- End quote ---

Is there any chance my suggestion of using "Photos, Videos, and More" as a location for all game threads would work instead of a whole new board?

--- End quote ---

This would work for the games where users are required to post their own content (like the city name photo game), but not for the guess-the-location type games (since those often operate on non-user-created photos, i.e. Street View).

--- End quote ---

I'd say the guess-the-location type games could still fit under the "More" part of that header..

formulanone:
Looks like the admins are choosing the No Build option.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: formulanone on May 20, 2022, 11:51:27 AM ---Looks like the admins are choosing the No Build option.

--- End quote ---
I suppose they think it didn't have a sufficient b/c ratio.

vdeane:
I guess the question is... are the mods/admins anticipating that a lot more photo contests/games would appear if they got their own board?  Because as someone who does at least look at what threads have new posts in every board every day, I don't see why simply having them in a different board would make more work assuming the amount of total forum content each day remained unchanged.

If it's just "we don't want to increase the total number of boards" in and of itself, Travel and Road Trips seem kinda redundant with each other.  Heck, most of Travel seems to be overrun with games as it is.

kphoger:

--- Quote from: vdeane on May 20, 2022, 12:49:49 PM ---I guess the question is... are the mods/admins anticipating that a lot more photo contests/games would appear if they got their own board?

--- End quote ---

As has already been pointed out, games have been a part of this forum since before I joined.  It's reasonable to assume they'll continue to be a part of it.  With that in mind, it makes sense to put them on their own board—preferably invisible to non-members.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version