News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

MD 758

Started by treichard, June 01, 2013, 02:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

treichard

After some web searching, including on this forum, mdroads.com, the latest (2011) SHA Highway Location Reference, and in Wikipedia, the only MD 758 route I can find is the Wicomico County route that was decommissioned in 1955.

http://www.mdroads.com/routes/740-759.html#md758

So the Anne Arundel County section of MD 758 is probably quite new?

MD 758 is a well signed north-south route following Corporate Center Drive between Stoney Run Road and the roundabout at Ridge Road.  The route is west of the BWI airport.

South end on Stoney Run Road EB:

North end on Ridge Road SB:

North end on Ridge Road NB:

North end SB reassurance on MD 758

Map your cumulative highway travel
Clinched Highway Mapping
http://cmap.m-plex.com/

dfilpus

The headquarters of MDDOT is on Corporate Center Drive.

NE2

The Goog's images from May 2012 show no shields at those locations.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

1995hoo

I think that's the first time I've seen "Yield to Traffic on Left" instead of "Yield to Traffic on [often spelled 'in'] Circle."
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

mgk920

Quote from: 1995hoo on June 01, 2013, 04:02:31 PM
I think that's the first time I've seen "Yield to Traffic on Left" instead of "Yield to Traffic on [often spelled 'in'] Circle."

I'd rather see a roundabout symbol sign below that yield sign, as is commonly used in Europe, instead.

Mike

cpzilliacus

Quote from: dfilpus on June 01, 2013, 03:13:00 PM
The headquarters of MDDOT is on Corporate Center Drive.

I've been at the MDOT headquarters complex several times.  At one point, Corporate Center Drive was maintained by Anne Arundel County, though I have not been by there since the Md. 758 signs went up.
Opinions expressed here on AAROADS are strictly personal and mine alone, and do not reflect policies or positions of MWCOG, NCRTPB or their member federal, state, county and municipal governments or any other agency.

MDRoads

I was over in that area back in March, and didn't see anything... it's a classic MD floater, with other more important, but unnumbered roads crisscrossing it.  The new HLR comes out next month, so maybe we'll see something.  You'd think there would be some other numbered routes here, especially with the Hanover/Stoney Run Road corridor slated to connect MD 170 with the B-W Parkway.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.