News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Most congested ramp

Started by webny99, August 29, 2017, 09:53:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkt

For Seattle, I was going to say I-90 west to I-5 north.

jakeroot

Quote from: kkt on January 31, 2018, 12:41:43 AM

90 west to 5 south can be just as bad. On the few occasions that I have to perform that maneuver, I will sometimes exit at Rainier, wind through the backstreets, and enter at Spokane Street. Probably not any faster, but at least I'm getting something better than 0 MPG.

167 northbound towards the 405 (in both directions) sucks too.

Flint1979

I-75 to I-94 backs up pretty good during rush hour as does I-75 to I-696. I-75 itself sees most of the traffic in the Detroit area but isn't as bad as I-94 for traffic even though it sees more traffic. I-94 itself between I-96 and Connor gets pretty backed up in both directions going through the middle of Detroit causing backups on any ramp entering it.

About two weeks ago I was in Detroit, heading SB on I-75 in Oakland County there was an accident at 14 Mile backing traffic up all the way around the Rochester Curve, I got off at Rochester Road and took Stephenson Highway which turns into the I-75 Chrysler Freeway Service Drive south of 12 Mile, I got back on I-75 at the 11 Mile exit and the traffic to get on I-696 was backed up all the way to where I got on causing backups in the right two lanes. Nothing ever moves during rush hour on these freeways and Detroit has a poor mass transit system to boot.

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: jakeroot on January 31, 2018, 01:12:25 PM
Quote from: kkt on January 31, 2018, 12:41:43 AM

90 west to 5 south can be just as bad. On the few occasions that I have to perform that maneuver, I will sometimes exit at Rainier, wind through the backstreets, and enter at Spokane Street. Probably not any faster, but at least I'm getting something better than 0 MPG.

167 northbound towards the 405 (in both directions) sucks too.

If I'm heading downtown (from my Wenatchee family), we'll go straight. Same with merging to I-5 south should SR 18 be busy OR they're going to SEA Tac and 405 is backed up (PDX and connections or bust for my location, I'm going from their perspective).
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

ftballfan

Quote from: Flint1979 on January 31, 2018, 06:34:07 PM
I-75 to I-94 backs up pretty good during rush hour as does I-75 to I-696. I-75 itself sees most of the traffic in the Detroit area but isn't as bad as I-94 for traffic even though it sees more traffic. I-94 itself between I-96 and Connor gets pretty backed up in both directions going through the middle of Detroit causing backups on any ramp entering it.

About two weeks ago I was in Detroit, heading SB on I-75 in Oakland County there was an accident at 14 Mile backing traffic up all the way around the Rochester Curve, I got off at Rochester Road and took Stephenson Highway which turns into the I-75 Chrysler Freeway Service Drive south of 12 Mile, I got back on I-75 at the 11 Mile exit and the traffic to get on I-696 was backed up all the way to where I got on causing backups in the right two lanes. Nothing ever moves during rush hour on these freeways and Detroit has a poor mass transit system to boot.
Detroit has THE worst mass transit system among large cities. In fact, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, and Lansing might even have better bus systems than Detroit!

bzakharin

NJ 55 at its northern terminus where it turns into a single lane on NJ 42, which eventually becomes the exit ramp to I-295. NJ 55 is jammed there every morning and even other times during beach season

mrcmc888

The Buckhead Interchange in Atlanta between I-75/85 for me.  It's not as bad as it used to be, but it still is pretty much guaranteed to add an hour to your trip.  With the normal amount of time it takes GDOT to fix roads it likely won't be made any better in my lifetime.

Flint1979

Quote from: ftballfan on February 01, 2018, 11:16:42 AM
Quote from: Flint1979 on January 31, 2018, 06:34:07 PM

Detroit has THE worst mass transit system among large cities. In fact, Ann Arbor, Grand Rapids, and Lansing might even have better bus systems than Detroit!
They do. Flint even has a pretty good bus system. I've rode on the bus in Ann Arbor and Lansing but not Grand Rapids. Ann Arbor's is pretty good but I think Lansing has the best bus system in the state. CATA runs the route that goes between downtown Lansing and Meridian Mall every 10 minutes and they are almost always on time it was the bomb having that service while I was down there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.