Longest Interstate Highways

Started by 74/171FAN, January 23, 2015, 09:42:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

I am surprised that a person from The Weather Channel took the time to research the Ten Longest Interstate Highways.  She must have been bored or something  :-D

As stated in the article, the order is I-90, I-80, I-40, I-10, I-70, I-95, I-75, I-94, I-35, and I-20.  I am sure this has been in a trivia at some point.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

NE2

Probably got it from the FHWA; it's not hard.

PS: not clicking.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Zeffy

I noticed this last night as I was checking to see how the next three days would suck in terms of weather.

Oh yeah, and I fixed the link for you.  ;-)
Life would be boring if we didn't take an offramp every once in a while

A weird combination of a weather geek, roadgeek, car enthusiast and furry mixed with many anxiety related disorders

vtk

This would be in MTR FAQ, no?

Also, wouldn't Wikipedia have an article called List of Interstate highways, probably with a table including a sortable length column?
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

texaskdog

Quote from: 74/171FAN on January 23, 2015, 09:42:28 AM
I am surprised that a person from The Weather Channel took the time to research the Ten Longest Interstate Highways.  She must have been bored or something  :-D

As stated in the article, the order is I-90, I-80, I-40, I-10, I-70, I-95, I-75, I-94, I-35, and I-20.  I am sure this has been in a trivia at some point.

So then I-94 should have been I-90, I-90 should have been I-80, I-80 should have been I-70, and I-70 should have been I-60.

NE2

Quote from: texaskdog on January 23, 2015, 10:28:26 AM
So then I-94 should have been I-90, I-90 should have been I-80, I-80 should have been I-70, and I-70 should have been I-60.
I-60 was deliberately skipped to avoid having it in the same state as US 60.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

vdeane

Quote from: NE2 on January 23, 2015, 09:58:43 AM

The FHWA actually doesn't count multiplex mileage, so their list says the longest is I-80.  This came up when they posted a graphic with a bunch of incorrect mileages.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

TheHighwayMan3561

More proof that the "Weather" Channel has gone to hell. I used to love that channel but now it's a variety/garbage channel that sometimes talks about the weather.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

kkt

Quote from: NE2 on January 23, 2015, 09:58:43 AM

The Weather Channel got it from Wikipedia, just like their footnote said.  Wikipedia has a handy table that lets you click on the column headers so you can sort them by length or by number, so it took the reporter seconds and seconds of research.

Not clicking past the first one.

OCGuy81

QuoteMore proof that the "Weather" Channel has gone to hell. I used to love that channel but now it's a variety/garbage channel that sometimes talks about the weather.

At least it's not as much of a misnomer as The LEARNING Channel (TLC) is.  That has become a garbage dump.  :ded:

Bickendan

The only thing TLC teaches now days is that it's a garbage dump and needs TLC.

Someone should dig up the M.T.R FAQ and post it as a thread here.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.