User Content > Photos, Videos, and More

What kind of Camera does everybody use?

<< < (8/8)

Hot Rod Hootenanny:

--- Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on March 07, 2017, 07:52:13 PM ---For the last 5 years, a Panasonic-Lumix DMC-ZS19.

--- End quote ---

4 or 5 months after this post (back in 2017), I went and bought a Nikon D5300, primarily for concert photography.
The Lumix lasted lasted till October 2020 when the lense got jammed.
Nowadays I'll mix in photos from my Galaxy S20 cellphone, that I purchased last spring, with the D5300.

74/171FAN:
Minolta MN35Z as of October 2022

hbelkins:

--- Quote from: formulanone on September 24, 2023, 09:36:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on September 23, 2023, 10:37:43 PM ---My brother gave me an old Nikon DSLR camera he had, but I don't use it for road photography. It doesn't permit viewing the scene on its viewscreen, only the small viewfinder, so that negates it for my shooting-while-driving endeavors.
--- End quote ---

Is there a setting for what Nikon calls "Live View"? Honestly, I have to look up many of the features online to get an idea what they do, and read feedback on when that setting change is desirable. The drawback to that kind of view is that it usually wears down batteries faster.

--- End quote ---

It's a D80. No live view.

formulanone:

--- Quote from: hbelkins on September 26, 2023, 10:44:36 AM ---
--- Quote from: formulanone on September 24, 2023, 09:36:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: hbelkins on September 23, 2023, 10:37:43 PM ---My brother gave me an old Nikon DSLR camera he had, but I don't use it for road photography. It doesn't permit viewing the scene on its viewscreen, only the small viewfinder, so that negates it for my shooting-while-driving endeavors.
--- End quote ---

Is there a setting for what Nikon calls "Live View"? Honestly, I have to look up many of the features online to get an idea what they do, and read feedback on when that setting change is desirable. The drawback to that kind of view is that it usually wears down batteries faster.

--- End quote ---

It's a D80. No live view.

--- End quote ---

Oh, never mind...that camera was introduced in 2006. (I'm not hip to the Nikon model timeline.) It might be fun with you have some older Nikkor lenses hanging around, and various third-parties make adaptors, usually between $20-50, for all sorts of old manual lenses. But one can get 10MP images from cell phones nowadays. Even their Coolpix series produces some decent shots, from what I've seen from others' works. Although, I have to wonder why one would want an $700 fixed-lens Coolpix when that's above the entry point for their beginner DSLR or mirrorless lineup. But there's much less expensive versions of that lineup as well.

Probably would be great for still road images, but would depend on your own confidence for moving shots. One problem with most AF lenses is that adjusting them in manual-focus mode (and setting it to something like f/8 near 30ft-to-infinity) is quite sloppy, rotating movement is vague, and it requires a lot of patience.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version