News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Maps of Alexandria, LA

Started by bugo, May 17, 2012, 08:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

Does anybody have any map scans of Alexandria pre-I-49?  I was fascinated with the road system as a child but I didn't have any close up maps of the town.  I'd love to see some maps from the '50s-'70s.

bassoon1986

I have some. I'll try and find them and scan them. Whats cool is to find things like the tri-plex of 71, 165, and 167 on MacArthur drive or the 2nd traffic circle that used to be on that highway

Urban Prairie Schooner

NE2

Search http://cida.usgs.gov/hqsp/apex/f?p=262:1 for Alexandria. They go back to 1944 (1:62500, doesn't show how the routes went in the city) and 1958 (1:24000).
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Alex

I have a 1970s Dolph Map of Alexandria in my collection. What would you like to see?

bassoon1986

map by GeoJosh, on Flickr

This from a 1973 Exxon map. Interesting to see the Pineville Expressway with the old 3xxx. You can also tell the old Murray St. bridge  is still there

mcdonaat

How about a Dep't of Highways map from 1954?

(hosted on my own website)

bugo

mcdonaat

Quote from: bugo on May 18, 2012, 04:37:46 PM
Thanks everybody!
Let me know if you need anywhere else in the state, I can send em your way

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.