TxDOT solicitation for subsurface engineering, mainly in Dallas

Started by MaxConcrete, August 20, 2018, 07:44:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaxConcrete

See solicitation 3556
https://www.txdot.gov/business/consultants/architectural-engineering-surveying/advertised-contracts.html

The requisition specifies around $15 million of complex subsurface analysis, and is "primarily" in the Dallas district.

I'm thinking the main candidate for this work is IH 30 east of downtown, where the elevated freeway is slated to be sunk into a trench. That project was recently added to TxDOT's 10-year plan.

It could also be related to Interstate 345 on the east side of downtown, as part of preliminary studies. But that project not funded and not even in the DFW 2045 plan.

I don't think it is related to IH 635, since the project is already in the design/build bid process.

The only other option is some sort of preliminary study, such as the downtown Dallas north side relief freeway which has been mentioned in NCTCOG documents as a study item. But I never gave that project much chance of moving forward.

As a part of the contracts awarded, the work to be performed consists of Subsurface
Utility Engineering Services required for the following: Design and Construction
Survey including performance of surveys associated with the gathering of survey data
for topography, cross-sections, and other related work in order to design a project, or
during layout and staking of projects for construction; Subsurface Utility Engineering
involving the determination of vertical and horizontal locations of subsurface utilities by
non-destructive methods; 3-D Design Modeling and Visualization including services
for the preparation of design-level mapping and topographically accurate 3-D design
models and visualizations of transportation facilities and public utilities.

It is expected at the time of the solicitation that work will be primarily in the Dallas
district, but work may be required in other districts.
www.DFWFreeways.com
www.HoustonFreeways.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.