News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on February 19, 2021, 05:11:17 PM

Quote from: ET21 on February 19, 2021, 09:33:59 AM
One more snowstorm Sunday and then the thaw begins

It's going to snow again !?!

Do you live in Chicago?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hotdogPi

I'm in the middle of many days of snow, with about half the days having a small to medium amount of snow. More snowy days than usual, but not too much any one particular day.
Clinched, plus MA 286

Traveled, plus several state routes

Lowest untraveled: 25 (updated from 14)

New clinches: MA 286
New traveled: MA 14, MA 123

webny99

Quote from: 1 on February 19, 2021, 07:49:42 PM
I'm in the middle of many days of snow, with about half the days having a small to medium amount of snow. More snowy days than usual, but not too much any one particular day.

It's been the same here: that's basically life in the Great Lakes from November to March.

J N Winkler

Here in Wichita, temperatures reached 32° F for about two hours this afternoon.  (The low this morning was 8° F.)  Though we didn't quite go above freezing, it is clear our long ordeal of subfreezing temperatures--we went under 32° F at around 3 AM on Saturday, February 6, and stayed there without interruption for almost 14 days--is drawing to a close.

I dropped to a single layer and did a couple of loads of laundry, one of which included my long johns, which are now drying on the shower rail before returning to storage, possibly for multiple years.

We will probably not see any further significant snow this season.  I'm now waiting for the slush to go so I can blast the salt off the family cars, which are slowly dropping gray snow and melt out of their wheel wells as they sit in the garage.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

gonealookin

We have a couple inches of fresh snow this morning to dress up the scene for the NHL outdoor games this weekend, the rink being only a little over a mile from my house.  This early morning storm should clear in plenty of time for today's game although being right next to the lake, they may get some cold wind.

CtrlAltDel

Quote from: kphoger on February 19, 2021, 05:35:06 PM
Quote from: CtrlAltDel on February 19, 2021, 05:11:17 PM

Quote from: ET21 on February 19, 2021, 09:33:59 AM
One more snowstorm Sunday and then the thaw begins

It's going to snow again !?!

Do you live in Chicago?

No, but I'm here for the winter due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

kphoger

Quote from: J N Winkler on February 20, 2021, 12:37:14 AM
my long johns, which are now drying on the shower rail before returning to storage, possibly for multiple years.

I've never owned long johns.  What I have instead is a pair of flannel-lined jeans.  Oh, how I love them!  Had them since high school.
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

It's a beautiful winter morning here, with the sun shining on last night's fresh snow and making it sparkle. Supposed to get up to 32° today for the first time in several weeks.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

CoreySamson

Never thought I would be so happy to see 70 degree temperatures in winter.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

webny99

Quote from: webny99 on February 06, 2021, 08:46:47 PM
Quote from: webny99 on February 02, 2021, 09:14:20 PM
Quote from: webny99 on January 27, 2021, 08:05:22 PM
Quote from: webny99 on January 26, 2021, 12:53:24 PM
Quote from: webny99 on January 23, 2021, 12:36:15 PM
Quote from: webny99 on January 20, 2021, 11:55:10 AM
Quote from: webny99 on January 19, 2021, 01:59:04 PM
Quote from: webny99 on December 29, 2020, 12:25:25 PM
Quote from: webny99 on December 26, 2020, 02:31:15 PM
Quote from: webny99 on December 20, 2020, 10:41:17 AM
Quote from: webny99 on December 16, 2020, 06:08:22 PM
Quote from: webny99 on December 15, 2020, 08:01:02 AM
Quote from: webny99 on December 09, 2020, 10:24:34 AM
Quote from: webny99 on December 06, 2020, 10:46:10 AM
With our second snowfall arriving last night, we've tied you up at two.  :)
Third snowfall this morning; around an inch or so and still falling... slowly...
Fourth snowfall this morning; just a dusting that hardly covered the grass, but still enough to create some very icy roads.
Fifth snowfall creating messy roads just in time for our afternoon commute. It's still coming down as of this post, but it's much worse further south. ...
Woke up to snowfall #6 this morning, a sloppy inch or so thanks to temps hovering right around freezing.
We got our seventh snowfall last night; it was just a dusting, but areas downwind of Lake Erie and Lake Ontario got a lot more.
Snowfall #8 should ensure there's snow on the ground for New Year's. We got a good 3-4 inches last night and more is falling now.
It's been a remarkably snow-free January so far, but back-to-back morning snowfalls have brought our season total up to 10.
Another half-inch or so this morning, still swirling around with gusty winds.
Yet another dusting yesterday morning, and now, finally, some more substantial snowfall yesterday afternoon/evening and into this morning. There's probably about 4-5 inches on the ground, easily the most we've had all year.
And now today, finally some sustained daytime snowfall for the first time this year!
Another dusting last night brought our current snow depth well over 6 inches, and with frigid temps in store for at least a week, I'd set the over/under for when we'll see grass again at about Feb. 18th.

More snow today, a lot more. There's over a foot on the ground now and it's still coming. Supposedly, it's the after-effects of the nor'easter that just hit the East Coast, but no doubt enhanced by the lake effect since it was mostly "north of the Thruway" all day, but looks to have now spread to most of Western and Central NY.  The weather.gov forecast jumped from predicting 4-6 inches this morning to now predicting 7-11 inches.

Windy (but partly sunny) today after another inch or so of snow blew in off Lake Erie last night.

It's been a minute since I added to this, but now that Feb 18th (my prediction for when we'd see grass again) has come and gone, I might as well circle back and say: I was wrong... and not only was I wrong, I figured it was too aggressive, and instead, it was too conservative. We just reached 32 degrees today for the first time since I made that prediction.

This rivals February 2015 for the coldest calendar month on record.

ET21

The thaw may commence! Maybe got a half inch of snow but it was mostly a rain/snow mix. Snow depth is down 9 inches since last week when we hit the high of 30 inches
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

I-55

Last Week: single digit temperatures and feet of snow

This Week: temps in the 40s reaching 55 on the weekend.

In Indiana this is considered normal weather patterns.
Let's Go Purdue Basketball Whoosh

kphoger

Quote from: I-55 on February 22, 2021, 10:34:55 PM
Last Week: single digit temperatures and feet of snow

This Week: temps in the 40s reaching 55 on the weekend.

In Indiana this is considered normal weather patterns.

Hold my beer.

This afternoon is forecast to be 84° warmer than last Tuesday morning.

Male pronouns, please.

J N Winkler

It has astonished me how fast things have thawed.  We first sat at freezing on Friday afternoon.  By Saturday, hardpacked snow on side streets had turned into patchy slush.  On Sunday, it was nearly all dry except for puddles in gutters and crown runoff slabs in intersections.  I took an afternoon walk for the first time since the cold arrived and was surprised not to have to sidestep any sidewalk puddles, as I usually have to do after heavy snowfall.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

kphoger

Yeah, I washed our car on Sunday afternoon, and there were still small snow ridges along the sides of the driveway from shoveling.  I'm not used to brushing slush and snow off the garden hose!
Male pronouns, please.

I-39

In Middle Tennessee, it went from 6 inches of snow and icy roads last week to virtually clear today.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

webny99

We hit 50 degrees this afternoon for the first time since Dec. 24th, exactly two months ago. The snow is melting fast, but even at this rate it'll be several more days before we see grass again.

US71

We broke 70 today. Looking at rain on Thursday and probably Sunday.

Only snow left are the piles in Wally World's parking lots.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

D-Dey65

According to my computer, which recently forced an update on me and required me to relocate my weather, it's 61 degrees and clear.

Sounds about right.

US 89

Today was 73 and sunny without a cloud in the sky. Absolutely amazing.

Tomorrow should be similar, but this nice weather won't last long as we're heading into another long period of clouds and rain that will probably last for close to a week.

ET21

After a few days of melting, I've lost 17.5 inches in the snowpack since it peaked last Tuesday at 30 inches. Now down to 12.5 inches
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

kphoger

Quote from: D-Dey65 on February 24, 2021, 08:05:43 PM
According to my computer, which recently forced an update on me and required me to relocate my weather...

What town ended up getting your weather?   :crazy:
Male pronouns, please.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.