News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

49 and raining 💀

There was that time in April when it was 80 and sunny on Saturday, then it snowed over an inch on Sunday. It made me wonder: if the weather can just switch from summer to winter in 12 hours, what stops it from snowing in June?

Ted$8roadFan

Dough4872

JayhawkCO

118° and sunny yesterday on my road trip in Oman.

jgb191

A Heat Advisory is in effect for portions of South Texas the next week (or two).  With dew points in the 70s due to the tropical moisture from the Gulf of Mexico, we're expecting overnight Heat Index in the 85-95 degree range, and daytime Heat Index anywhere from 110 degrees near the coast to as much as 125 degrees in several locations.  Dew points in my Corpus Christi area is approaching the 80-degree mark (might even reach 80).

The advisory might be escalated to an Excessive Heat Watch later this week if it gets any hotter, but as of now there's really nothing excessive about these highs.  I believe if the highs exceed 115 degrees, then the Excessive Warning would probably be administered, but even the hottest forecasts suggest the highs will fall just short of that.

Temperatures in the vast majority of South Texas is expected to remain above 80 degrees around the clock all this week; the barrier islands of Padre Island  typically remains above 80 degrees 24/7 throughout the summer season.

ACTUAL                            AVERAGE

BROWNSVILLE:       105 high; 82 low                    96 high; 77 low
CORPUS CHRISTI:   106 high; 81 low                    94 high; 79 low
LAREDO:                114 high; 83 low                  102 high; 76 low
MCALLEN:              111 high; 80 low                    99 high; 78 low

--------------------------------------

Of the daily record highs last month, three days in Arizona, 13 days in California, and 15 days in Texas.  The average daily record high of the 31 days in May 2023 was 105 degrees.  The hottest day last month was 113 degrees at both Big Bend NP in Texas on May 10 and at Death Valley NP in California on May 19th.  The cumulative total for the first five months of 2023 is:  Six days in Arizona, 27 days in California, 46 days in Florida, and 72 days in Texas.
We're so far south that we're not even considered "The South"

7/8

It was a very wet morning, approx. 30-50mm of rain from last night to noon today. Today is a high of only 19C (66F). Most of the week will be cloudy and drizzly.

Dough4872

Ted$8roadFan

jgb191

Excessive Heat Warning is now administered for the Webb County (Laredo), Wells County, and Duval County.  After looking at our criteria, I correct myself:  highs exceeding 110 degrees in Laredo and exceeding 105 degrees in Corpus Christi constitutes "excessive" according to their respective NWS.  Furthermore, the Heat Advisory is now expanded to all of South Texas and extends to parts of Central Texas as far north as Waco, Texas.

Dew Point in Corpus Christi now stands at 82 degrees which combined with the current temperature 99 degrees, the heat index is now 121 degrees outside right now. 

From the NWS:

...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 PM CDT THIS EVENING...
...HEAT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM 1 PM TO 7 PM CDT
WEDNESDAY...
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM THURSDAY AFTERNOON
THROUGH THURSDAY EVENING...

* WHAT...For the Excessive Heat Warning, dangerously hot
  conditions with heat index values from 116 to 120 degrees. For
  the Heat Advisory, heat index values up to 114 degrees expected.
  For the Excessive Heat Watch, dangerously hot conditions with
  heat index values up to 118 degrees possible.

* WHERE...Jim Wells and Inland Kleberg Counties.

* WHEN...For the Excessive Heat Warning, until 7 PM CDT this
  evening. For the Heat Advisory, from 1 PM to 7 PM CDT
  Wednesday. For the Excessive Heat Watch, from Thursday
  afternoon through Thursday evening.

7/8

Quote from: jgb191 on June 13, 2023, 05:08:37 PM
Excessive Heat Warning is now administered for the Webb County (Laredo), Wells County, and Duval County.  After looking at our criteria, I correct myself:  highs exceeding 110 degrees in Laredo and exceeding 105 degrees in Corpus Christi constitutes "excessive" according to their respective NWS.  Furthermore, the Heat Advisory is now expanded to all of South Texas and extends to parts of Central Texas as far north as Waco, Texas.

Dew Point in Corpus Christi now stands at 82 degrees which combined with the current temperature 99 degrees, the heat index is now 121 degrees outside right now. 

Reminds me of this:

I can't even imagine temperature that high!

jgb191

Quote from: 7/8 on June 13, 2023, 05:48:22 PM
I can't even imagine temperature that high!

Welcome to South Texas; you can come and visit anytime!

Ted$8roadFan

Hunty2022

63 and cloudy with possible rain on my birthday morning.
100th Post: 11/10/22
250th Post: 12/3/22
500th Post: 3/12/23
1000th Post: 11/12/23

Hunty Roads (under construction):
https://huntyroadsva.blogspot.com

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Ted$8roadFan

70 with thunder and light rain.

ZLoth

I'm an Engineer. That means I solve problems. Not problems like "What is beauty?", because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of philosophy. I solve practical problems and call them "paychecks".

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Road Hog

Been exceptionally humid in North Texas for really any time of year the last couple of days. It rarely gets to where it's 91 but the heat index is 109. 91 is actually a tick below normal for this date.

Ted$8roadFan

CoreySamson

Excessive Heat Watch now in effect for the Houston area for the next two weeks. I've seen heat index forecasts of 118 degrees for Houston next week. It is usually not this hot this early into June. In fact, two years ago I believe it didn't even hit 90 in my suburb until well into June.
Buc-ee's and QuikTrip fanboy. Clincher of FM roads. Proponent of the TX U-turn.

My Route Log
My Clinches

Now on mobrule and Travel Mapping!

Scott5114

uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Dough4872

JayhawkCO

Only high of 61° today with storms coming in the next few hours.

CtrlAltDel

It's 59 and cloudy here in Chicago, and I'm quite grateful to not be in Texas for the summer.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

Ted$8roadFan

67 and cloudy with some rain. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.