News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Highway 427 Ontario

Started by un1, March 07, 2009, 03:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

un1

Currently the 427 is a little stub in the middle of the GTA, but on one of my visits to the MTO site, I found this...
http://www.427corridor.com/

The most interesting thing is that it shows what the progress of the Environmental Assessment through Vaughan.
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

haljackey

Actually I've known about this for a while.

Quote from: un1 on March 07, 2009, 03:36:04 PM
Currently the 427 is a little stub in the middle of the GTA

A stub?  This highway, although short in length, is the second busiest highway in the country (401 is #1).

I don't consider it a stub because not only is it heavily used, it connects to many major junctions including the QEW/Gardiner Expressway, 401, 409/Pearson airport, and the 407.  A stub doesn't connect anywhere.   :-P

un1

Well it is a stub in my mind. Although 420, 409 and 405 are smaller stubs.
Moderator of the Canada and Off Topic boards.

Thunder Bay Expressway - Highway 61 and 11/17 Ontario - Thunder Bay, Ontario

haljackey

Quote from: un1 on March 07, 2009, 10:44:43 PM
Well it is a stub in my mind. Although 420, 409 and 405 are smaller stubs.

I'd consider something like Highway 2A or the Allen Expressway a stub because its very short and was planned on being extended but never happened.  It also doesn't connect to a lot of major routes.

aridawn

MTO currently has plans to extend the hwy north to Barrie or even meet up with the Collingwood bypass (Hwy 26) if ever built.  There is also talk that 427 extension may even be a toll road.

aridawn

QuoteI'd consider something like Highway 2A or the Allen Expressway a stub because its very short and was planned on being extended but never happened.  It also doesn't connect to a lot of major routes

I agree with u there, 427 is a major connector hwy as it is, I would consider 2A or Burlington st in Hamilton or even Hwy 6 going north from Hwy 403 a stub.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.