News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Strange habits you have

Started by golden eagle, February 10, 2015, 11:41:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

formulanone

Rotating a mouse pad orientation 90 degrees from "landscape" to "portrait".

Not sure why, but I'm always running out of room up-down rather than left-right, so I turn it wherever I need a mouse for long periods of time.

webny99

Quote from: webny99 on February 25, 2021, 11:42:26 AM
I find weird sleep habits kind of interesting, so I guess it's fitting that I have a few of them.

-I can fall asleep with the light on, but when it happens, it's usually an accident.
-I do like complete darkness, though, so I keep a towel draped over my alarm clock. (It's the only alarm I could find that's loud enough, but it's also very bright, even at minimum brightness.)
-I have two digital clocks, the one mentioned above, and a smaller, dimmer one that I can use to see the time. Both are always set on weekdays.
-I usually wear just boxer briefs to sleep, if anything. I've slept shirtless since I was about 12 or 13.
-When it's very quiet or completely silent, my ears start ringing, so I have a noisemaker.

Another one to add, I've realized that I can sleep fully clothed or with covers/blankets, but not very well with both (I find it feels too claustrophobic). I guess that ties a few of the above points together.

kphoger

Quote from: webny99 on March 08, 2024, 05:09:35 PM
I can sleep fully clothed or with covers/blankets, but not very well with both (I find it feels too claustrophobic).

Can't remember if I've mentioned this.  I once had a co-worker who was really excited to get a set of flannel sheets for the bed one Christmas.  But when she got into bed wearing her velvet nightgown, she found that the two fabrics were like Velcro together, and all the covers would come with her whenever she rolled over.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on March 08, 2024, 05:58:24 PM
Quote from: webny99 on March 08, 2024, 05:09:35 PM
I can sleep fully clothed or with covers/blankets, but not very well with both (I find it feels too claustrophobic).

Can't remember if I've mentioned this.  I once had a co-worker who was really excited to get a set of flannel sheets for the bed one Christmas.  But when she got into bed wearing her velvet nightgown, she found that the two fabrics were like Velcro together, and all the covers would come with her whenever she rolled over.

That basically summarizes it. Though I've never experienced flannel/velvet, layers interacting in general does not lend itself well to comfort or movement during sleep.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.