News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

'Blue Sheet With Seal' State flags, in general

Started by mgk920, December 21, 2023, 01:12:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: fhmiii on January 24, 2024, 09:37:09 AM
When someone decides to use more than 3 colors, it should be a conscious decision made with intent, and they should try to closely adhere to the rest of the Principles--unless there is a good reason to stray from another one.

Nah.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: mgk920 on January 24, 2024, 11:14:43 AM
TIIRC, that 'flag' was a battle banner that was only used by one unit in an obscure battle.

Still a traitor flag.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

kphoger

Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 25, 2024, 11:25:23 AM

TIIRC, that 'flag' was a battle banner that was only used by one unit in an obscure battle.

Still a traitor flag.

Still not the point.  My point (if it were the flag I had referred to, which it isn't, because it isn't the Stars and Bars) was that it's a non-state flag that armies marched under.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hobsini2

Quote from: kphoger on January 25, 2024, 12:03:49 PM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 25, 2024, 11:25:23 AM

Still a traitor flag.

Still not the point.  My point (if it were the flag I had referred to, which it isn't, because it isn't the Stars and Bars) was that it's a non-state flag that armies marched under.
Unfortunately, a lot of time, some flags that have good designs are symbolic for very bad things. I'm not advocating the use of them because of what they have come to represent but the Gadsden, "Stars and Bars", and the German Reich flags were quite distinctive yet simple. Just saying.
I knew it. I'm surrounded by assholes. Keep firing, assholes! - Dark Helmet (Spaceballs)

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.