News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

OK: Spot The Error!

Started by Scott5114, January 26, 2009, 04:31:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheHighwayMan3561

How the hell were we supposed to know that without delving deep into the archives? SCOTT... :confused: :paranoid:  :banghead:
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Scott5114

Well, the question was mainly for the roadgeeks who are from around here/visit here frequently and see the correct signage regularly, so that it would look wrong to them. I wasn't really expecting people from Minnesota to try and guess it! :-P
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Tom

Although I don't have the pictures 2 show them, I recall 1 (c.late 1960's or so) of a road sign that was suppose 2 say, "Watch For Slow Trucks," but the r + u were switched around so the word read "Turks."  Another 1 in recent years said, "Traffic Must Yield To Pedestrians," the i + e switched around 2 read "Yeild." :coffee:

mapman

I've seen a "STOP AHAED" sign before (A and E transposed), as well as the same error painted on the pavement.   :ded:

Alps

Speaking of pedestrians...
http://www.alpsroads.net/roads/ri/us_1/trains.jpg - this is in front of a TRAIN station!

bugo

Quote from: Scott5114 on January 30, 2009, 10:02:18 PM
Well, the question was mainly for the roadgeeks who are from around here/visit here frequently and see the correct signage regularly, so that it would look wrong to them. I wasn't really expecting people from Minnesota to try and guess it! :-P

I see meat cleavers almost every day but I've never even noticed the border wasn't supposed to go through the 0.  Shows how closely I pay attention.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.