News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-44 Tulsa

Started by Gridlock, February 04, 2009, 12:13:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

Got my first chance to drive 44 through the Lewis interchange this weekend.  Very nice  :clap:  Also got to come up Lewis from 61st and turn west onto 44.  I love the double turn lanes.  I notice both Texas turnarounds and agree it looks as if ODOT blew it on the one on the east side of the bridge.  I will ask my daughter (who works in the Bridge division) if she can look it up to confirm.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bugo

Did you notice the OK 66 signs with the C font and the neutered I-44 shields on 51st and Lewis?

rte66man

Quote from: bugo on August 23, 2014, 10:41:29 PM
Did you notice the OK 66 signs with the C font and the neutered I-44 shields on 51st and Lewis?

I did see the neutered 44 shields..  I'm not good with the various fonts so I missed the 66 signs.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bugo

Quote from: bugo on August 23, 2014, 10:41:29 PM

Bobby5280

That really does not look right.

Rick1962

Just noticed this past weekend that there's already some pretty noticeable subsidence at the east end of the eastbound Peoria overpass, complete with a decent-sized pothole between the center and outer lanes.

This is after what, two years?

There's also more pavement breakup along 51st Street at the I-44 ramps. Amazing what the contractors can get away with around here.

bugo

Quote from: Rick1962 on September 29, 2014, 04:08:51 PM
Just noticed this past weekend that there's already some pretty noticeable subsidence at the east end of the eastbound Peoria overpass, complete with a decent-sized pothole between the center and outer lanes.

This is after what, two years?

There's also more pavement breakup along 51st Street at the I-44 ramps. Amazing what the contractors can get away with around here.

That's what happens when they select the lowest bidder instead of the bidder with the best value.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.