News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Missouri Expressways

Started by Sykotyk, May 11, 2009, 10:55:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revive 755

Revive 755

MoDOT is looking at reducing the number of median crossings in Palmyra:
http://www.modot.gov/northeast/US61ImprovementsthruPallmyra.htm

Revive 755

I found the EIS's for the late 90's plans for the US 61 bypass of Hannibal in Northwestern's Transportation Library today; the EIS said that US 61 was to be upgraded to freeway south of Hannibal, and freeway upgrades were apparently being strongly considered for US 61 north of Hannibal.  The westernmost alternative ended up being chosen.  IIRC, the southern endpoints for all of the considered routes were near Route M or Trabue Lane; all of the northern endpoints were at the US 24 interchange or at US 61 east of US 24.

The library also had the 1990's EIS's for MO 141 between I-44 and Clayton Road.  There were apparently two corridors from the 1970's that were no longer useful due to housing developments, with one being a western route near Sulphur Springs Road that intersected I-44 between current MO 141 and Williams Creek.  The eastern alternative was near Weidman Road and intersected I-44 between current MO 141 and the Bowles Avenue interchange with a "Scissors interchange" that I believe was described as fully directional.  Unfortunately, there weren't any maps for these corridors.

As for the more modern MO 141, pretty much the only alternative considered was around the Big Bend interchange, with the alternative staying closer to then-existing MO 141.  The interchange with Big Bend would have a diamond ramp setup for northbound traffic and a folded diamond setup for SB MO 141.

Revive 755

MoDOT to lower the speed limit on the US 63 expressway from 70 to 65:

http://www.heartlandconnection.com/news/story.aspx?id=613428

Speed limit consistency is a cheap load of bull; it's fairly obvious the conditions on SB US 63 change, and now people will just do 70 in a 65 instead of slowing down.

As for the crossover accidents, perhaps MoDOT should consider a few other improvements such as Michigan lefts instead of direct crossovers.

EDIT:  Article from the Kirksville paper today lists the accident prone intersections:
http://www.kirksvilledailyexpress.com/news/x1058168367/Slow-down-on-Highway-63

rarnold

Bickendan, they don't even have mile markers between I-29 and the Iowa State Line on US 71.

Revive 755

Article today regarding the termini interchanges for the new US 63 bypass of Kirksville:
http://www.kirksvilledailyexpress.com/news/x1581989437/Only-way-was-up

Bickendan

Quote from: rarnold on May 04, 2011, 07:59:37 PM
Bickendan, they don't even have mile markers between I-29 and the Iowa State Line on US 71.
Would have been helpful if you had quoted my post so I knew what the context of your comment was, as I hadn't checked this thread in over a year.

As far as the segment of US 71 north of KC, it's good to know it doesn't have milemarkers, but it's almost irrelevant as the only segment of US 71 I've been on north of KC was between Wadena and Bemidji -- in Minnesota -- so my comments pertained to the freeway segment south of I-435 to Arkansas.

Revive 755

US71

Quote from: Bickendan on October 25, 2011, 10:07:26 PM

As far as the segment of US 71 north of KC, it's good to know it doesn't have milemarkers, but it's almost irrelevant as the only segment of US 71 I've been on north of KC was between Wadena and Bemidji -- in Minnesota -- so my comments pertained to the freeway segment south of I-435 to Arkansas.

There are mile markers along US 71 in the KC area, but not along Bruce Watkins. Some of the markers are green, some are blue. I couldn't tell you where the markers begin on the south side of KC... I'll have to ask one of the KC "experts".

UPDATE: 155th Street to 75th Street
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Revive 755

I would think it would simply be a relocation of MO 146.

Though I think it would have been better to have the NHS route continue up US 65 into Iowa either all the way to Des Moines or cut over to I-35 via IA 2 or US 34.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.