News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Houston: Westpark Tollway

Started by MaxConcrete, January 20, 2016, 10:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

Quote from: Bobby5280 on September 24, 2023, 02:08:21 AM
I'm not talking about extending the toll road to I-10 or I-69. I'm only suggesting it would be better if it at least terminated at a significant state highway corridor. Ending the route in Simonton only looks like wanting to avoid spending any money on highway bridges to cross a river.

I think what bwana39 is saying is they don't have the authority to build a Brazos River crossing because their authority ends at the county line. Besides, I suspect they see this as a service to their residents that commute closer into the Houston metro. I don't see them having any interest in building an I10 or I69 relief route.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bwana39

Quote from: rte66man on September 24, 2023, 09:42:45 AM
Quote from: Bobby5280 on September 24, 2023, 02:08:21 AM
I'm not talking about extending the toll road to I-10 or I-69. I'm only suggesting it would be better if it at least terminated at a significant state highway corridor. Ending the route in Simonton only looks like wanting to avoid spending any money on highway bridges to cross a river.

I think what bwana39 is saying is they don't have the authority to build a Brazos River crossing because their authority ends at the county line. Besides, I suspect they see this as a service to their residents that commute closer into the Houston metro. I don't see them having any interest in building an I10 or I69 relief route.

Exactly. They are terminating the toll road at the last intersection in FORT BEND COUNTY.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

Bobby5280

Yeah, in Fort Bend County. Because of Texas needs 893,823,375 toll road authorities. It's stupid. Regardless of the bureaucracies involved it would be more logical for a turnpike to end at a significant terminus point, such as the intersection of a busier state highway like TX-36 than a minor route like FM-1489 that doesn't connect directly with anything.

As Houston continues growing they'll be forced to extend that toll road farther West, regardless of what agency is in charge of making it happen.

Stephane Dumas

At this rate, I wonder if HCTRA and FBCTRA will be amalgated into a regional agency?

Ellie

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on September 25, 2023, 05:32:30 PM
At this rate, I wonder if HCTRA and FBCTRA will be amalgated into a regional agency?

And MCTRA as well I'd hope?

bwana39

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on September 25, 2023, 05:32:30 PM

Perhaps at some point if MANDATED by the LEGISLATURE.

HCTRA is literally run as a part of the Harris County Government. The toll roads they build are literally county roads with tolls. The commissioner's court  votes on HCTRA items in their regular meetings.
Let's build what we need as economically as possible.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.