News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Peña Blvd.

Started by halork, April 06, 2015, 06:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

halork

Driving up Peña Blvd recently, I noted some things I thought were odd.

First of all, the exit numbering has always been off -- E470 is Exit 6 A/B (at milepost 7) and Tower Rd is Exit 5 (at milepost 6).  Now I notice that 56th Avenue is signed Exit 2 (at milepost 3).  :banghead: So far, GVR Blvd and 40th Avenue exits are still unnumbered. What are they thinking?

Also, all the bridges on the N/S segment of the freeway have concrete barriers in front of the guardrails.  What happened there? Seems like something that ought to be fixed, but these have been there for quite a while.

Milepost61

For awhile the only exit number was at E-470, and I think that was put up by E-470, not Denver, when they built the interchange, and maybe since Peña isn't their road they didn't know exactly where the mileposts were. Peña may not have even had mileposts back then.

I've been wondering about the barrier too.

halork

It looks like the recent "bridge project" has fixed whatever problems there were with the old guard rails. The barriers are gone most places and it looks like construction is wrapping up.  :nod:

halork

So, Apparently they are working on the Tower Rd bridges AGAIN.  :no: They just finished up a years-long project last year where they detoured traffic off those bridges for what I assume was repair and rehabilitation. NOW what are they doing?  :confused:

dvferyance

The only thing on Pena Blvd I find odd is the lack of a WB on ramp at Tower Rd.

halork

Quote from: dvferyance on June 11, 2016, 05:41:21 PM

Well, now you can celebrate! The onramp from southbound Tower to southbound (westbound) Peña opened last week, complete with ribbon-cutting ceremony! The Tower widening project continues, though.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: halork on November 03, 2018, 06:04:08 PM
Quote from: dvferyance on June 11, 2016, 05:41:21 PM

Well, now you can celebrate! The onramp from southbound Tower to southbound (westbound) Peña opened last week, complete with ribbon-cutting ceremony! The Tower widening project continues, though.

Cool.  That makes shunpiking E470 slightly more practical when coming in from I-76.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.