News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Squirrels and religion

Started by 1995hoo, December 16, 2017, 06:05:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1995hoo

My mom sent this to me:
------------------------------

Apparently there's been a plague of squirrels including at the local churches.

The Presbyterian church called a meeting to decide what to do about their squirrels. After much prayer, they concluded the squirrels were predestined to be there and they shouldn't interfere with God's divine will.

At the Baptist church the squirrels had taken an interest in the baptistry. The deacons met and decided to put a water slide on the baptistry and let the squirrels drown themselves. The squirrels liked the slide but knew instinctively how to swim, so twice as many squirrels showed up the following week. 

The Methodist church decided that they were not in a position to harm any of God's creatures. So they humanely trapped their squirrels and set them free near the Baptist church. Two weeks later the squirrels were back when the Baptists took down the water slide.

But the Catholic Church came up with a very creative strategy. They baptized all the squirrels and consecrated them as members of the church. Now they only see them on Christmas and Easter. 

Not much was heard from the Jewish synagogue; they took the first squirrel and circumcised him. They haven't seen a squirrel since.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

ColossalBlocks

Just because they're squirrels doesn't mean they can't have faith in a skypixie.
I am inactive for a while now my dudes. Good associating with y'all.

US Highways: 36, 49, 61, 412.

Interstates: 22, 24, 44, 55, 57, 59, 72, 74 (West).

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Scott5114

Religious content is not allowed under forum rules. People can be too touchy about religion sometimes, even about harmless jokes.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.