News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

AZ 366

Started by Max Rockatansky, September 12, 2018, 01:03:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

I was digging through my photos from 2012 and came across Mount Graham.  Wrote up a historical retrospective on AZ 366 which climbs the eastern flank of Mount Graham.  AZ 366 was of the few State Highways that I never clinched, I only made it as far as Turkey Flat before being turned around by bad weather:

http://surewhynotnow.blogspot.com/2018/09/arizona-state-route-366-and-mount-graham.html

JKRhodes

If you ever make it back, it would be a good opportunity to contrast your photos with the route's current condition. If memory serves, the Wet Canyon and noon Creek bridges were both replaced around 2012.

Wet Canyon's picnic area was destroyed by a wildfire and subsequent flash flooding in 2017. As a result, the old stone bridge was also demolished to make room for passing debris.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: roadiejay on September 19, 2018, 08:24:44 PM
If you ever make it back, it would be a good opportunity to contrast your photos with the route's current condition. If memory serves, the Wet Canyon and noon Creek bridges were both replaced around 2012.

Wet Canyon's picnic area was destroyed by a wildfire and subsequent flash flooding in 2017. As a result, the old stone bridge was also demolished to make room for passing debris.

I have Arizona on the agenda for the next year.  How much of it I'll be able to get to remains up in the air though...  That said I have some routes like 88, 288, 83, and 366 on my wish list to revisit.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.