News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

PEI route number mysteries: 183 & 228

Started by yakra, January 21, 2014, 08:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yakra

It looks like a very minor shake-up in PEI's route numbering has occurred since 2009.

GMSV imagery (1 2 3 4 5) from September 2009 shows a PE 183 on MacArthur Rd between PE 11 and PE 2, just a bit south of PE 11's northern end.
GeoBase GIS shapefiles, both the 2012 & 2013 revisions (and even a 2009 revision that Froggie has?) show no numbered route here.
The provincial map from Tourism PEI also shows no numbered route.

GMSV imagery from August/September 2009 (1 2 3 4 5) shows a PE 228 on Provincetown Rd, from PE 254 to PE 8 and onwards, presumably to its next junction at PE 107.
The 2012 & 2013 shapefiles have no numbered route here, instead showing a PE 228 looping off PE 2 just west of PE 239, via Hazel Grove Rd and Bertram Rd.
The Tourism PEI map shows PE 228 on only Hazel Grove Rd, between PE 2 and Perry Rd.
The latter seems like it may be a bit more likely, as Bertram Rd doesn't look especially hi-standard, especially the northern bits, and is flagged as "This road may be seasonally closed." by Google.

Do any of you Maritimes Roadgeeks have any info from the field?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.