News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Hello from New Jersey!

Started by OnThePike, September 21, 2016, 02:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OnThePike

Hi all, my name is Jeff and up until a severe injury in 2014, I was an avid cross-country road tripper mostly avoiding the Interstate as much as possible to instead use the good old two-lane roads and routes whenever possible.

I am a "card carrying" member of the Route 66 Federation (among others) and have explored much of the United States in my custom Chevy Venture which is actually a motel room on wheels.

I would love to share my pictures of the thousands of places we've been, so as soon as I create a Photo Bucket or Flicker account, I'll join the picture threads and share some of what I have. I wanted to end my intro post with 2 pics of me behind the wheel of my bus but I see no option for me to do so.

I mentioned a major injury and right now, among other things, I am fighting to keep my left hand and just won my disability case but I am hoping to get back on the open road very soon -- hopefully by this time next year if all goes well!

So for the time being I am in Monroe Township New Jersey, but I am a 49 year old native New Yorker who lived on Long Island in New York up until my accident. I am a Commercial Driver, well I was, who has 20 years driving New York City Transit Authority buses in Brooklyn, the Bronx, Manhattan and Queens. And on every vacation, 5 weeks every year, we would load up the "vacation mobile" and travel this beautiful country of ours most folks fly right over and have no idea what they are missing.

So that's my intro. No pics yet, I'm still learning to work the computer with one hand  :)

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of your community. Very much interested in making new friends!

Jeff "OnThePike"
The New Jersey Turnpike is NOT I-95!

Rothman

Welcome from the Capital District of NY!
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

hotdogPi

Clinched

Traveled, plus 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

New:
I-189 clinched
US 7, VT 2A, 11, 15,  17, 73, 103, 116, 125, NH 123 traveled

7/8

Welcome from Southern Ontario! I'm looking forward to seeing some of your photos :)

Mr. Matté

Quote from: OnThePike on September 21, 2016, 02:45:22 PM
So for the time being I am in Monroe Township New Jersey,...

This being Jersey and all, which one?

jbnati27

Welcome from greater Cincinnati!

SignGeek101

Welcome from less interesting Winnipeg!

freebrickproductions

Welcome from Dullsville, AL!
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Alex

Welcome to the board Jeff!

I wanted to end my intro post with 2 pics of me behind the wheel of my bus but I see no option for me to do so.

The forum has a gallery option which you can use if you would like. Just drop me a line if you would like access to use it.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Mr. Matté on September 21, 2016, 10:19:46 PM

Sounds like a North Jersey guy, so that one up there!

I'll be real surprised if we find anyone from the South Jersey one...especially as most people call it Williamstown!

jwolfer

Monroe township is in Middlesex County right?

Welcome from currently rainy Wisconsin!
Left for 5 months Oct 2018-Mar 2019 due to arguing in the DST thread.
Tried coming back Mar 2019.
Left again Jul 2019 due to more arguing.

Alps

Welcome from North Jersey.
Quote from: jeffandnicole on September 22, 2016, 01:06:35 PM

I'll be real surprised if we find anyone from the South Jersey one...especially as most people call it Williamstown!
Middlesex County is South Jersey. It's south of the Raritan.

noelbotevera

Welcome from Southern PA, your next door neighbor that is three hours away!
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

TR69

A hearty welcome from Louisville, KY -- one of those states most people fly over but you've probably visited!

slorydn1

Welcome to the nut house from soggy eastern North Carolina!
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

jeffandnicole

Quote from: Alps on September 22, 2016, 09:28:43 PM
Welcome from North Jersey.
Quote from: jeffandnicole on September 22, 2016, 01:06:35 PM

Middlesex County is South Jersey. It's south of the Raritan.

Nah...it's North of Trenton, so it's in North Jersey!  :biggrin:

Rothman

New Jersey is the size of my foot.  Geographic divisions in such little states are silly. :D

(See also: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/998c6s/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-indecision-2010---divided-delaware)
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Alps

Quote from: Rothman on October 07, 2016, 10:52:32 AM
New Jersey is the size of my foot.  Geographic divisions in such little states are silly. :D

(See also: http://www.cc.com/video-clips/998c6s/the-daily-show-with-jon-stewart-indecision-2010---divided-delaware)
Our DOT does all its design work in Trenton. None of the region business where 11 parts of the state have signs that look 11 different ways.
Oh, and at least we're not New England where counties don't exist.

PHLBOS

Greetings from southeastern PA, near Philly.
GPS does NOT equal GOD

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.