AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
 on: Today at 12:20:36 AM 
Started by jakeroot - Last post by Max Rockatansky
That bike route sign reminds me. I saw a Kitsap county bike route shield, with a county cutout for the shield:

https://i.imgur.com/otpCLVT.jpg

Isn’t that the one on Silverdale Way and Newberry Hill Road?

Bingo! Just north of the roundabout going southbound.

This appears to be the numbered map (with only 20 to 70): https://www.kitsapgov.com/pw/Documents/Bike_Route_2004.pdf

Thanks for the map!

That's wacky.  Even a lot of people who live there won't recognize it from the outline.  Just putting KITSAP COUNTY on the sign would be more recognizable and less expensive.

I don't think it's too big of a deal. The number is the most important thing. I'm sure Kitsap residents recognise their own county shape.

I kept trying to get a picture of that Route 31 shield the entire week I was up there but kept missing it in traffic.  I must have passed it a dozen times.

on: Today at 12:10:52 AM 
Started by Tom89t - Last post by jakeroot
I'm kind of in between. Lots of Seattle area intersections have for 4-section right turn filters, in addition to the occasional tower or doghouse. No idea why bi-modal signals are so popular here.

Bi-modal means that one section displays two aspects, right (ie, for example, the green arrow and yellow arrow are combined into one signal lens)?

Because if so, there's a few of those around Des Moines for protected lefts. Here's an example.

That bottom section on the far left displays both the green and yellow arrow, if the protected left is activated by enough waiting vehicles. (Or, just one vehicle, if you're kind of a dick like me and wait above where the sensor loop is embedded in the turn lane, and not at the stop line!)

That's the one. If you look around Snohomish County, WA, damn near every pro/per signal is bi-modal, minus those that are FYAs. Either way, lots of four-section signals!

By the way, don't wait at the sensor. Just turn in a gap or at the end. You don't need an arrow if you're the only one waiting.

Why wouldn't they put it at the stop line? It's perfectly normal to let any turning traffic turn first.

If there's only one waiting car, they probably don't need an arrow to turn. They'll find a gap or turn at the end.

on: June 24, 2018, 11:50:15 PM 
Started by Grzrd - Last post by jamierazorback
Why not just route I-22 onto SR 385 to I-240 and leave us 78 alone?
This makes the most sense and should be done. I-22 was going to end up at I-240 anyway(based on the original plans of hwy 78 to connect in Memphis). It would still do that and also not end where I-269 would end if it was routed to I-55. So that confusion wouldn't happen either. I'm not sure why MDOT and TDOT are not getting this done. It would require little money compared to Lamar Ave, to upgrade parts of 385 to Interstate standard.

on: June 24, 2018, 11:47:11 PM 
Started by jakeroot - Last post by jakeroot
That bike route sign reminds me. I saw a Kitsap county bike route shield, with a county cutout for the shield:

https://i.imgur.com/otpCLVT.jpg

Isn’t that the one on Silverdale Way and Newberry Hill Road?

Bingo! Just north of the roundabout going southbound.

This appears to be the numbered map (with only 20 to 70): https://www.kitsapgov.com/pw/Documents/Bike_Route_2004.pdf

Thanks for the map!

That's wacky.  Even a lot of people who live there won't recognize it from the outline.  Just putting KITSAP COUNTY on the sign would be more recognizable and less expensive.

I don't think it's too big of a deal. The number is the most important thing. I'm sure Kitsap residents recognise their own county shape.

on: June 24, 2018, 11:42:55 PM 
Started by Chris - Last post by jamierazorback

I believe this is the last of the new I-269 signs to go up on the TN section. This is heading south on SR 385 right before it transitions into 269 before the 40 interchange

I'm not thrilled with the way they are signing the transition from SR 385 to I-269.  It looks like one has to exit to enter I-269 at the same place where the ramp for I-40 exits.  The '1 MILE' should be replaced with 'AHEAD'.

Simply lose the "1 MILE" indicator and it becomes a classic pull-through BGS.  Alternately, they could have placed an APL sign here, since both lanes continue on as I-269.
Anyone surprised we're not seeing any "To I-22" or Tupelo/Birmingham signs on any stretch of I-269 or connecting major roadways? (I-40, st 385, exc)

on: June 24, 2018, 11:36:06 PM 
Started by Tom89t - Last post by ErmineNotyours
Three right signals on posts at the end of the NB Exit 4 cloverleaf to West 900 off I-405 in Renton.  It looked pretty weird the first time I saw it a few years ago.

Signal hoods on a swinging light broken off by trolley guy wires, Boren & Madison, Seattle.

on: June 24, 2018, 11:27:54 PM 
Started by jakeroot - Last post by kkt

on: June 24, 2018, 11:21:12 PM 
Started by 1 - Last post by bob7374
Got more photos of I-95/MA 128 Add-A-Lane Project last Thursday. Biggest news is traffic has been shifted onto the new lane northbound prior to Kendrick Street:

Still 3 lanes of traffic though since they've closed the left lane for competing shoulder and median barrier work.
More photos on my I-95 in Mass. Photo Gallery:
http://www.malmeroads.net/mass21c/i95photos.html#addalane

on: June 24, 2018, 11:13:33 PM 
Started by jakeroot - Last post by Bruce

on: June 24, 2018, 10:59:09 PM 
Started by qguy - Last post by 02 Park Ave
If they drink "pop", they are in the midwest.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.