Frozen fecal matter closes interstate exit ramp

Started by Brandon, February 20, 2015, 12:29:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brandon

File this under the Pooing is Very Cold file.

QuoteA load of excrement forced the closure of an interstate exit ramp in Indiana on Thursday.

Apparently a tanker accidentally spilled about 300 or 400 gallons of raw sewage onto the southbound Interstate 65 exit ramp to Indiana Highway 19, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, noting that the waste was 6 to 8 inches deep in places on the ramp.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the pooling excrement froze, causing a toxic poopsicle, as well as a traffic hazard.

Riley said troopers tried to find the driver of the truck but were unsuccessful. It is likely the driver won't even realize he lost the load until he gets to a wastewater treatment plant.

Meanwhile, crews from the Indiana Department of Transportation, Indiana Department of Environmental Management and the White County Health Department were on scene to supervise the cleanup of the mess.

By 5 p.m., DOT crews with a front loader were scraping the excrement off the road and loading it into a dump truck to cart away. But before the front loader could begin its work in earnest, the ramp had to be salted and sanded because the liquid waste had turned to ice.

The ramp re-opened a couple of hours later, Indiana State Police said.

See the story for the photographs.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

1995hoo

Now that would have been interesting to capture on dashcam, as long as I weren't exiting there at the time!
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

Brian556

1995hoo

You know, I'd be very amused to hear how the local traffic reporters described that incident. I sent the link to three local traffic reporters here for just that reason. (Reminds me of the time local NBC anchor Doreen Gentzler had to report a story about a snake that got silicone poisoning after biting a model's augmented breast.)
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

DeaconG

Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

Alps

thenetwork

QuoteA load of excrement forced the closure of an interstate exit ramp in Indiana on Thursday.

Apparently a tanker accidentally spilled about 300 or 400 gallons of raw sewage onto the southbound Interstate 65 exit ramp to Indiana Highway 19, Indiana State Police Sgt. Kim Riley said, noting that the waste was 6 to 8 inches deep in places on the ramp.

As if that wasn't bad enough, the pooling excrement froze, causing a toxic poopsicle, as well as a traffic hazard.

Riley said troopers tried to find the driver of the truck but were unsuccessful. It is likely the driver won't even realize he lost the load until he gets to a wastewater treatment plant.

I dunno.  The driver might have lost his load after he realized he lost his load well before he got to the treatment plant.

slorydn1

I hate to state the obvious, but this thread really stinks!! :happy:
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

tdindy88

Not to sound "anal" but Indiana 19 does not meet Interstate 65 at all. Indiana 18 does however.

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

hbelkins

When I first saw the story, it initially registered as "I-65 in Indiana at Exit 18." My first thought was, "that's close enough to Louisville to make it very appropriate."  :bigass:

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

triplemultiplex

"That's just like... your opinion, man."

KG909

~Fuccboi

Stephane Dumas

US71

If you get a priest to bless it, do you get Holy Shit?  :hmm:
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

SSOWorld

Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

DeaconG

Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

freebrickproductions

Oh come on guys! Those are some really crappy pun's y'all've made. ;-)
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Brandon

Quote from: freebrickproductions on February 23, 2015, 11:30:07 AM
Oh come on guys! Those are some really crappy pun's y'all've made. ;-)

They're a bunch of real turds.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

US71

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

kphoger

Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Pete from Boston

adventurernumber1

The second I saw the title for this thread, I burst out laughing at the oddity of it. Even funnier, I've actually driven that section of I-65 before going to Chicago in 2012. Good thing I wasn't on it when this kind of crap was happening.  :-D
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.