News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Pepsi Spire Fountain

Started by Pink Jazz, March 18, 2015, 10:26:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink Jazz

Since there is a Coca-Cola Freestyle thread, I decided to come up with one for its Pepsi competitor, the Spire.

Currently Pepsi has two countertop versions available, the Spire 1.1 with 40 flavor combinations, and the Spire 2.0 with 500 flavor combinations.  There is also a full-size model in the works, the Spire 5.0, which will have 1000 flavor combinations.

I wonder, has anyone used one of these yet?  I expect once the Spire 5.0 is released, we can expect longtime Pepsi customer Yum! Brands (KFC/Taco Bell/Pizza Hut) to roll them out across the nation at their company-owned locations, while also allowing franchise locations to opt-in.  I have heard that there are a few Yum! Brands restaurants where they are being currently tested.

jeffandnicole

Can they put a Coke option in the Spires?  :-D

cjk374

Runnin' roads and polishin' rails.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: jeffandnicole on March 18, 2015, 10:54:34 PM
Can they put a Coke option in the Spires?  :-D

Nope, just as you cannot put a Pepsi option in a Coke Freestyle.  The syrup cartridges used for the Freestyle and Spire are probably incompatible, and Coke does not make a cartridge for the Spire.

BTW, looking at a map at the Pepsi Spire website, here are a few chains that are testing these machines:
  • Yum! Brands is currently testing them at several KFCs in the Orlando, Florida area plus an additional location in Louisville, Kentucky.  They are also being tested at two Pizza Huts in Virginia (Lexington and Bowling Green) and one Taco Bell in Tustin, California.
  • Buffalo Wild Wings is testing these machines in the Chicago, Milwaukee, and Minneapolis areas, plus two additional locations in Duluth and Baxter, Minnesota.
  • Subway Canada is testing these machines in the Toronto area.

NE2

I thought this was going to be about a corporate person's concrete dick known as the Pepsi Spire and the fountain in front of it.
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

SteveG1988

Will there be an option for Crystal Pepsi?
Roads Clinched

I55,I82,I84(E&W)I88(W),I87(N),I81,I64,I74(W),I72,I57,I24,I65,I59,I12,I71,I77,I76(E&W),I70,I79,I85,I86(W),I27,I16,I97,I96,I43,I41,

Scott5114

Quote from: SteveG1988 on March 19, 2015, 01:49:03 AM
Will there be an option for Crystal Pepsi?

Nope, only crystal gravy.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

rickmastfan67

I doubt Taco Bells that just recently upgraded their machines will move to this.  Especially if you can't get strait Baja Blast in them.

Pink Jazz

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on March 19, 2015, 04:48:40 AM
I doubt Taco Bells that just recently upgraded their machines will move to this.  Especially if you can't get strait Baja Blast in them.

The Taco Bell in Tustin with this machine probably has a Baja Blast option on its Spire fountain.

However, if Yum! Brands decides to roll out these fountains nationwide, I am pretty sure they will give the franchise locations the option to opt-out.

Henry

Quote from: NE2 on March 18, 2015, 11:43:57 PM
I thought this was going to be about a corporate person's concrete dick known as the Pepsi Spire and the fountain in front of it.
:rofl:
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

GCrites

SP Cook

You can still get regular Pepsi, right?  Three parts flat Coke, one part water.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.