News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Hello from the US of A

Started by InterstateGuy, March 16, 2017, 06:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

InterstateGuy

Hello fellow road enthusiasts! I look forward to discussing all things regarding the countries grand highways. I love to travel on big trips mostly on Interstate highways. My favorite section of Interstate highway is that of I-80 in the great state of PA. The scenerey is kind of breathtaking with the rolling hills and the farmland. As my first question on this forum I would like to know what highways you like to travel on most?

InterstateGuy

kphoger

I like relaxing state highways. I'd rather have no services along the way but no traffic than a big highway with lots of traffic.

One of my favorite highways is US-277 south of Sonora, Texas. 90 miles of nothingness, wide shoulders, frequent passing lanes, a 75-mph limit, wonderful scenery, and hardly anyone else on the road.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

InterstateGuy

Sounds like a pleasant strip to travel. I usually like speed limits between 65-75.

noelbotevera

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Love traveling through the section of I-40 through Arkansas, not just because I am a resident of the state, just because there is a section of the 40 where it bridges a valley and that valley is just so green!
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

InterstateGuy

that sounds neat ILoveArkansas. Where in Arkansas is this exactly on 40? I love roads like that.

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: InterstateGuy on March 17, 2017, 11:13:08 AM
that sounds neat ILoveArkansas. Where in Arkansas is this exactly on 40? I love roads like that.

The stretch between Ozark and Russellville heading to Little Rock. There is a valley that the 40 bridges and it's very scenic.

freebrickproductions

It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

TheHighwayMan3561

My #1 road is MN 61 between Duluth and Grsnd Portage, MN. Cliffs, lake, and waterfalls dot the route.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

slorydn1

Quote from: InterstateGuy on March 16, 2017, 06:42:12 PM
Hello fellow road enthusiasts! I look forward to discussing all things regarding the countries grand highways. I love to travel on big trips mostly on Interstate highways. My favorite section of Interstate highway is that of I-80 in the great state of PA. The scenerey is kind of breathtaking with the rolling hills and the farmland. As my first question on this forum I would like to know what highways you like to travel on most?

InterstateGuy

Welcome to the asylum from the great state of NC!

Assuming the answer you are looking for is my favorite stretch of interstate highway well that would be I-40 through the Pigeon River Gorge in eastern TN/western NC.

I-80 through PA is also beautiful (I haven't been through there since I was a teenager in the 80's though), as well as I-24 between Nashville and Chattanooga in TN.
Please Note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of any governmental agency, non-governmental agency, quasi-governmental agency or wanna be governmental agency

Counties: Counties Visited

adventurernumber1

Welcome to the forum!

As my first question on this forum I would like to know what highways you like to travel on most?

To be quite frank, I actually really like a variety of highways. I enjoy interstates and freeways a lot, but I also enjoy divided highways, two-lane roads, even smaller roads, and more. I love it all!  :hyper:
Now alternating between different highway shields for my avatar - my previous highway shield avatar for the last few years was US 76.

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127322363@N08/

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-vJ3qa8R-cc44Cv6ohio1g

US71

InterstateGuy

Old Ones! :)

I spend a lot of time searching for old alignments, old bridges, etc.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

InterstateGuy

These sound like some really neat travel spots! What i like in a highway is for it to be mostly concrete, preferably grooved (not much for longitudinal grooving though). That way you can get that neat whistling noise when you drive. IDK why but I always liked it. its my favorite part of the road. What do you guys think of road whistling?

kphoger

Hate it.  Give me blacktop.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

pumpkineater2

Welcome!

I really love driving on interstates, mostly because you can go so fast (at least out west).
I do however also enjoy scenic two lane roads, but usually after a while I find myself longing for the speed and ease of the interstate again and again.
Come ride with me to the distant shore...

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: pumpkineater2 on March 22, 2017, 05:01:54 PM
Welcome!

I really love driving on interstates, mostly because you can go so fast (at least out west).
I do however also enjoy scenic two lane roads, but usually after a while I find myself longing for the speed and ease of the interstate again and again.

Come to Arkansas sometime, you can go 70, plus a five over limit to top you out at 75!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.