Any 4-Ways left in your area?

Started by traffic light guy, July 17, 2017, 09:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

traffic light guy

4-ways are completly gooonnneeee in my area. Nothing but boring 2000s McCain installs are left.

epzik8

You mean flashing reds? In Harford County, Maryland we've got MD-136 at MD-440 ("Dublin"), MD-23 at MD-146/Madonna Road ("Madonna"), MD-136 at MD-624, where MD-136 actually has a flashing yellow, and then there's a three-way, MD-155 at MD-161 outside of Havre de Grace.
From the land of red, white, yellow and black.

My clinched highways: http://tm.teresco.org/user/?u=epzik8
My clinched counties: http://mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/epzik8.gif

csw

Lots of 4-way stops/flashing reds on US 45 south of I-70 in Illinois. Heck, lots of them in Southern Illinois in general.

ilpt4u

Quote from: csw on July 17, 2017, 10:38:45 PM
Lots of 4-way stops/flashing reds on US 45 south of I-70 in Illinois. Heck, lots of them in Southern Illinois in general.
Not just Southern, there are some on IL 1 between Chicagoland and Danville, IL (more Central, unless SoIL is everything South of I-80)

PurdueBill

Are we talking about 4-way signals with the single housing for signals facing four ways?

traffic light guy

Quote from: PurdueBill on July 18, 2017, 12:09:13 AM
Are we talking about 4-way signals with the single housing for signals facing four ways?

Quadrupole faced single signals that face all four directions, not 4-Way clusters.

kj3400

There's a pair in Baltimore at Charles St and Montgomery St. just south of downtown, and that's just one I pass by daily. They're still scattered around the city though they're being replaced slowly.
Call me Kenny/Kenneth. No, seriously.

PurdueBill

Quote from: traffic light guy on July 18, 2017, 01:16:53 AM
Quote from: PurdueBill on July 18, 2017, 12:09:13 AM

Quadrupole faced single signals that face all four directions, not 4-Way clusters.

Yes, single housing, not four separate housings.  I think the conversation diverted to 4-way stops very quickly because of confusion over 4-way what.

There are still some around in places east of Cleveland but far, far fewer than there were even 10 years ago as a number of projects have replaced everything on some corridors, including signals.
I just saw a couple old 4-way signals fairly recently, although I can't remember exactly where in running around they were!  Sigh.  Didn't have time to snap a pic.

Scott5114

There's still a few on SH-19 in Lindsay, OK.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

freebrickproductions

None in Huntsville or Madison County, AL for that matter, but there are several in the surrounding towns. Fort Payne, AL and Athens, AL have quite a few, along with Gadsden, AL. Tuscumbia, AL; Sheffield, AL; and Florence, AL also all have a few, and both Birmingham, AL and Cullman, AL each have a pair of them. Leighton, AL also has this rather cool old Crouse-hinds Type M 4-way at their one signalized intersection in town, last I checked:
It's all fun & games until someone summons Cthulhu and brings about the end of the world.

I also collect traffic lights, road signs, fans, and railroad crossing equipment.

(They/Them)

Takumi

There's a pair in Richmond at Clay Street and Roseneath Road.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Ian

Maine is completely devoid of full R-Y-G fixed 4-way signals as far as I know. There are a few beacons left that I've seen listed below, but those are few and far between.
UMaine graduate, former PennDOT employee, new SoCal resident.
Youtube l Flickr

cl94

Come to New York if you want 4-ways. Troy in particular still has them all over the place. All are on span wire and, at most intersections, there is only one face per direction. Multiple 4-ways are within walking distance of my apartment. A large amount of the 4-ways are on ancient controllers without an all-red interval.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

jmd41280

This 4-way exists at the intersection of PA 31 and 981 in Mt. Pleasant...

Fixed 4-way head traffic signal in Mt. Pleasant, PA by Jon Dawson, on Flickr
"Increase the Flash Gordon noise and put more science stuff around!"

paulthemapguy

A random picture I took walking around Baltimore just southwest of Inner Harbor.

MD-002V4way by Paul Drives, on Flickr
Avatar is the last interesting highway I clinched.
My website! http://www.paulacrossamerica.com Now featuring all of Ohio!
My USA Shield Gallery https://flic.kr/s/aHsmHwJRZk
TM Clinches https://bit.ly/2UwRs4O

National collection status: 361/425. Only 64 route markers remain

cu2010

This is cu2010, reminding you, help control the ugly sign population, don't have your shields spayed or neutered.

UCFKnights

Some brand new ones were installed about 10 days ago in Florida:

Aerobird

Quote from: UCFKnights on September 20, 2017, 07:59:30 PM
Where is this? It looks temporary?
Rule 37. There is no 'overkill'. There is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload'.

xcellntbuy

Temporary four-ways.  This particular example is located in Coral Springs.  Many cities have some available in hurricane country.

UCFKnights

Quote from: xcellntbuy on September 20, 2017, 09:30:04 PM

Temporary four-ways.  This particular example is located in Coral Springs.  Many cities have some available in hurricane country.
Yup. I'm curious if any are using that left arrow that is on it. Is it a dual color left arrow, or would them enabling it make it split phase?

Conn. Roads

thenetwork

There are at least four 4-way, single-segment flashing red blinkers in my neck of the woods.  All four are at secondary road intersections. Otherwise, I got nothin'.

US71

Nothing in my area. Fayetteville was closest, but they got rid of theirs 3-4 years ago.  Same with Arkadelphia.

Smackover, AR has one, but it's the only one I have knowledge of in Arkansas.

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

cl94

Quote from: US71 on November 10, 2017, 01:20:21 PM
Nothing in my area. Fayetteville was closest, but they got rid of theirs 3-4 years ago.

Smackover, AR has one, but it's the only one I have knowledge of in Arkansas.

Dummy signal! Nice. We have a few of those in New York still and there have been movements to preserve them.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

US71

Quote from: thenetwork on October 22, 2017, 10:23:33 PM
There are at least four 4-way, single-segment flashing red blinkers in my neck of the woods.  All four are at secondary road intersections. Otherwise, I got nothin'.

I've seen several of those, especially in smaller towns. My favorite is Clarksville, AR

Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.