News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Freeway Closures for Oahu

Started by bing101, May 06, 2018, 02:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

froggie

Those aren't full freeway closures.  But losing 2-3 lanes for the weekend will be significant.

This (on I-H3), on the other hand, is a full freeway closure for today.

oscar

Quote from: froggie on May 06, 2018, 08:16:55 AM
Those aren't full freeway closures.  But losing 2-3 lanes for the weekend will be significant.

This (on I-H3), on the other hand, is a full freeway closure for today.

This H-3 closure is for film production. But weekend full closures for tunnel cleaning are routine. Since the H-3 tunnels are one of three close-together sets of tunnels through the Koolau Range, closing one of them on a weekend for tunnel cleaning or otherwise doesn't cause a lot of heartburn.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Bobby5280

Closing down I-H3 might annoy the crap out of some Marines wanting to get to Honolulu that day.

froggie

Not really.  The Pali and Likelike aren't all that horrible until you get right into Honolulu itself.  They'd be taking the older routes anyway if going downtown or to Waikiki or Diamondhead because I-H3 loops a ways to the west.  Anything east of the airport, you're better taking the Likelike regardless.

Henry

Quote from: Bobby5280 on May 09, 2018, 12:27:34 AM
Closing down I-H3 might annoy the crap out of some Marines wanting to get to Honolulu that day.
Amen!

Also, expect traffic to be snarled throughout the island right now.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

oscar

Quote from: Henry on May 09, 2018, 09:01:33 AM
Quote from: Bobby5280 on May 09, 2018, 12:27:34 AM
Amen!

Also, expect traffic to be snarled throughout the island right now.

Since last weekend's lane/freeway closures are over, no more snarled than usual for 3am (HST) on a Wednesday morning.
my Hot Springs and Highways pages, with links to my roads sites:
http://www.alaskaroads.com/home.html

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.