News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Mattress Firm Files For Bankruptcy

Started by Brandon, October 05, 2018, 11:17:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tonytone

Seems thats Mattress wearhouse is fine in delaware because they just opened a new one at the new fashion center at the christiana mall. There are also mattress warehouses on all major roads in delaware. The only store we dont need.

iPhone
Promoting Cities since 1998!

doorknob60

Quote from: jeffandnicole on October 09, 2018, 02:08:37 PM
Quote from: US71 on October 08, 2018, 05:01:25 PM
It's odd: they just announced a new store for my area about a month ago.

It's more common than people realize to open a store only to have the company close other stores.

Not Mattress Firm, but Wendy's opened a new location on Overland Rd in Boise a while ago. I don't know, 6-8 months ago, something like that. Then, just about a month ago, they closed the one on Orchard St (closest to where I live). The article I read basically implied that the new one was one of the main reasons for closing that one, even though it's 2.5 miles away. They kept them both open for a while to see how it would do (I am skeptical that the new one would steal any business away from the Orchard one, but I don't know the numbers), then decided to close it.

Realistically, if they didn't close that one, they'd probably have to remodel it since it was the oldest location with an old interior, and they have plans to remodel Boise's other older locations. But it's unfortunate for me since now there's not one close to where I live.

txstateends

Didn't know it was online, but here is the jingle for Mattress Giant, a takeover target/casualty of Mattress Firm's growth in recent years.  They were based in TX, but IDK where all they had stores besides TX.

https://youtu.be/OYVmq_hR_As
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.