News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Creek Turnpike Exits

Started by The Ghostbuster, December 22, 2018, 03:02:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Ghostbuster

Does anyone know why only a few of the Creek Turnpike's exits are numbered? From Exit 28 northward, the exits are numbered, but south and west of there, they are unnumbered. That seemed bizarre to me.

bugo

There you go again with your "Liberty Parkway" nonsense. Do you call US 169 "Pearl Harbor Memorial Expressway" in casual conversation?

Alps

And then you complain about harassment because we point out how stupid it is to use an honorary name as the primary name of a highway. I bet you think the Gilcrease is a trunk north of its last freeway interchange even though it's clearly a freeway until the first at-grade intersection.

compdude787

Quote from: Alps on December 23, 2018, 03:25:46 PM
And then you complain about harassment because we point out how stupid it is to use an honorary name as the primary name of a highway. I bet you think the Gilcrease is a trunk north of its last freeway interchange even though it's clearly a freeway until the first at-grade intersection.

Oh I agree totally. Regarding Gilcrease (I think you actually are referring to the Tisdale), he started a whole discussion on the OSM US mailing list and nobody agreed with his ideas of where the freeway goes from motorway to trunk.

US 89

Quote from: compdude787 on January 04, 2019, 03:20:03 PM
Quote from: Alps on December 23, 2018, 03:25:46 PM

Oh I agree totally. Regarding Gilcrease (I think you actually are referring to the Tisdale), he started a whole discussion on the OSM US mailing list and nobody agreed with his ideas of where the freeway goes from motorway to trunk.

I was accused (along with several others) of being an NE2 sockpuppet in that mailing list. When I pointed out that I wasn't, the entire mailing list got locked, and the discussion ended without any resolution.

If someone made the edits today, I think we could safely say there is a consensus behind them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.