News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

General NBA thread

Started by Roadgeekteen, December 27, 2018, 10:34:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buck87

Quote from: Ben114 on January 26, 2019, 07:38:14 PM
We most likely will not have another Cavs-Warriors Finals this year, mainly because of LeBron.

More like "definitely" or "most certainly" than "most likely"

It's more than halfway through the season and the Cavs still haven't made it to double digit wins.

MantyMadTown

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 27, 2019, 09:11:30 AM
Quote from: MantyMadTown on January 27, 2019, 04:16:49 AM
Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 26, 2019, 11:56:09 PM
Quote from: MantyMadTown on January 26, 2019, 11:48:50 PM
The Celtics have just been getting new players since they haven't won a championship since 2008 (the only one within my life), which kinda makes them due for a championship soon (and they are the only Boston sports team to not win a championship within the last 10 years (Sox: 2018, Pats: 2017, Bruins: 2011)).

And look at Milwaukee, whose Bucks haven't won the Finals since their only championship win in 1971, and the Brewers, who haven't won the World Series since ever. I'm hoping the Bucks can make the Finals (and hopefully win!) this year.
You have the Packers though.

I'm talking about the city, not the whole state of Wisconsin. Green Bay has overall been much more successful sports city than Milwaukee.
The Packers are Milwalkees team though.

And you could also say that Green Bay also follows Milwaukee's teams. But again, I'm talking about the cities themselves, not the whole state.
Forget the I-41 haters

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: MantyMadTown on January 27, 2019, 04:17:28 PM
The Celtics have just been getting new players since they haven't won a championship since 2008 (the only one within my life), which kinda makes them due for a championship soon (and they are the only Boston sports team to not win a championship within the last 10 years (Sox: 2018, Pats: 2017, Bruins: 2011)).

And look at Milwaukee, whose Bucks haven't won the Finals since their only championship win in 1971, and the Brewers, who haven't won the World Series since ever. I'm hoping the Bucks can make the Finals (and hopefully win!) this year.

I'm talking about the city, not the whole state of Wisconsin. Green Bay has overall been much more successful sports city than Milwaukee.

And you could also say that Green Bay also follows Milwaukee's teams. But again, I'm talking about the cities themselves, not the whole state.
Okay but the Packers are bigger in Milwaukee than the other two teams.
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

MantyMadTown

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 27, 2019, 05:33:22 PM
Quote from: MantyMadTown on January 27, 2019, 04:17:28 PM

Okay but the Packers are bigger in Milwaukee than the other two teams.

I wouldn't doubt the Brewers and the Bucks still being big in Milwaukee, especially with their recent success they've had over the past few years. I'm still hoping either of them win a championship soon.

I'm not going to argue this further. Why should I continue to argue with a guy from Massachusetts over sports teams from my home state? You've never even lived in Wisconsin so you wouldn't know.
Forget the I-41 haters

mgk920

And remember that the Brewers were one game away from making it to last year's World Series, too.

:nod:

Mike

tchafe1978

Nothing would be more awesome than both the Bucks and the Brewers winning titles this year. Milwaukee is overdue for a championship. Of course I'd be happy with either team winning. Sure, the Packers have won a Super Bowl fairly recently, but they aren't technically Milwaukee's team, regardless of the tremendous support they recieve in the area.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: tchafe1978 on January 29, 2019, 07:03:36 PM
Nothing would be more awesome than both the Bucks and the Brewers winning titles this year. Milwaukee is overdue for a championship. Of course I'd be happy with either team winning. Sure, the Packers have won a Super Bowl fairly recently, but they aren't technically Milwaukee's team, regardless of the tremendous support they recieve in the area.
It's funny seeing the Packers be the worst Wisconsin team.

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

tdindy88

What's with the obsession with Wisconsin teams anyway?

As an Indiana Pacers fan I would like to congratulate the Milwaukee Bucks on winning the Central Division this year. As my team is likely taking the rest of the season off I would be more than happy to see Milwaukee win a championship over any teams from markets that are suffering through historic months-long droughts from their last championship.

Henry

Safe to say that Boston is the current king of the sports world, with the Red Sox and Patriots winning it all seemingly every year, and the Celtics and Bruins getting in on it as well, having won in 2008 and 2011, respectively.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: Henry on January 30, 2019, 11:30:31 AM
Safe to say that Boston is the current king of the sports world, with the Red Sox and Patriots winning it all seemingly every year, and the Celtics and Bruins getting in on it as well, having won in 2008 and 2011, respectively.
The Red Sox only won in 2004, 2007, 2013, and 2018, so a lot, but not like the Patriots.

Rothman

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on January 30, 2019, 11:36:06 AM
Quote from: Henry on January 30, 2019, 11:30:31 AM
The Red Sox only won in 2004, 2007, 2013, and 2018, so a lot, but not like the Patriots.
Name a baseball team that has won more World Series this century than Boston.  Patriots have only won one more Super Bowl than the Red Sox' World Series since 2000.

Have to agree with Henry that Boston is the current king of the sports world. :)
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

MantyMadTown

Thank you! This is what I was trying to say earlier.
Forget the I-41 haters

ET21

Quote from: MantyMadTown on January 30, 2019, 12:46:08 PM

Thank you! This is what I was trying to say earlier.

Wouldn't mind watching the Bucks go for a NBA title. I love watching Giannis play
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

triplemultiplex

Quote from: mgk920 on January 28, 2019, 08:18:30 PM
And remember that the Brewers were one game away from making it to last year's World Series, too.

:nod:

They should've been in that world series, too.  Play a little small-ball in the (5th or 6th inning? maybe it was the 7th) of game 4 and that 13 inning marathon is replaced by a W for Milwaukee and a 3-1 lead in the series.

Then we could've been the ones getting shitsmoked by fucking Bo$ton.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

DeaconG

I've supported the Orlando Magic for years and I have no idea whether I should do the happy dance, run screaming or get drunk. These guys are spastic as hell-they've been winning games no one expected and losing games they should have won. Eighth seed anyone?
Dawnstar: "You're an ape! And you can talk!"
King Solovar: "And you're a human with wings! Reality holds surprises for everyone!"
-Crisis On Infinite Earths #2

ET21

Otto Porter Jr changed the Bulls, too bad they were trying to tank  :-D :-D :-D :ded:
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

jp the roadgeek

Quote from: ET21 on March 04, 2019, 09:16:52 AM
Otto Porter Jr changed the Bulls, too bad they were trying to tank  :-D :-D :-D :ded:

Seems the Celtics have replaced the Bulls in the teams trying to tank list.  And now Stevens has lost Kyrie, who has become disinterested from the locker room.  It's getting ugly fast.  Someone needs to create a "Come to Jesus" moment.
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

MantyMadTown

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on March 04, 2019, 09:20:28 PM
Quote from: ET21 on March 04, 2019, 09:16:52 AM

Seems the Celtics have replaced the Bulls in the teams trying to tank list.  And now Stevens has lost Kyrie, who has become disinterested from the locker room.  It's getting ugly fast.  Someone needs to create a "Come to Jesus" moment.

Wow the Celtics season is all coming apart for them. I thought they were gonna be good this year. Will they have any more good years ahead of them?
Forget the I-41 haters

Roadgeekteen

Henry

Looks like our dreams of a Kyrie-LeBron Finals are dead for this season, as the Lakers probably will not even make the playoffs; definitely not what we had in mind when the season started. Oh well...I think it would be nice to see the Bucks in the Finals, but I'll be cool with whoever wins the championship, as long as it's not the Warriors.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

nexus73

Quote from: Henry on March 05, 2019, 12:18:18 PM
Looks like our dreams of a Kyrie-LeBron Finals are dead for this season, as the Lakers probably will not even make the playoffs; definitely not what we had in mind when the season started. Oh well...I think it would be nice to see the Bucks in the Finals, but I'll be cool with whoever wins the championship, as long as it's not the Warriors.

Warriors vs baseball anyone?

Rick
US 101 is THE backbone of the Pacific coast from Bandon OR to Willits CA.  Industry, tourism and local traffic would be gone or severely crippled without it being in functioning condition in BOTH states.

Henry

Quote from: nexus73 on March 05, 2019, 06:54:26 PM
Quote from: Henry on March 05, 2019, 12:18:18 PM

Warriors vs baseball anyone?

Rick
:rofl:

Verlanka

Hurricane Rex

Going to start predictions for the rest of the playoffs. I do not watch NBA pre-playoffs on TV but I keep up with how good/bad the players are.

WC:
Round 1
Warriors vs Clippers: Warriors in 5
Nuggets vs Spurs: Spurs in 7
Blazers vs Thunder: Blazers in 6
Rockets vs Jazz: Rockets in 5

Round 2:
Warriors vs Rockets: Rockets in 7. If warriors get back to full power, Warriors in 6.
Blazers vs Spurs: Blazers in 6 (Blazers know LA and his tactics, plus do better away than home in the 2nd half of the season)

WC finals:
Blazers vs Rockets: Rockets in 5.

EC:
Round 1:
Bucks vs Pistons: Bucks sweep (effort alone doesn't win playoff games)
Raptors vs magic: Raptors in 6
76ers vs Nets: 76ers in 7
Celtics vs pacers: Celtics in 5.

Round 2:
Bucks vs Celtics: Bucks in 5
Raptors vs 76ers: Raptors in 6

EC Finals:
Bucks vs Raptors: Bucks sweep. (Raptors have choked in Playoff games in the past really badly)

Finals: Rockets vs Bucks: Rockets in 5.

Will reevaluate at the start of each round if college doesn't get in the way.

SM-J737T

ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

Henry

Normally, I don't root for WI teams, but since the Bulls are out of it, I'd like to see the Bucks win, although the Rockets are pretty damn good too.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.