News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

New from NC

Started by HazMatt, October 13, 2011, 11:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HazMatt

New here anyway.  My name's Matt Craig, I just moved to the Triangle area from Lenoir.  I used to lurk on MTR and contributed the occasional pic to NC Ends and the like...then life got in the way.  New degree, new job, new location, a wife, and a renewed interest in roads!  Here's hoping I can learn something and contribute in the process.

formulanone

Welcome to AARoads, HazMatt!

xcellntbuy

Quote from: HazMatt on October 13, 2011, 11:30:22 AM
New here anyway.  My name's Matt Craig, I just moved to the Triangle area from Lenoir.  I used to lurk on MTR and contributed the occasional pic to NC Ends and the like...then life got in the way.  New degree, new job, new location, a wife, and a renewed interest in roads!  Here's hoping I can learn something and contribute in the process.
There are MANY highly knowledgeable folks here that make excellent contributions.

OCGuy81

Greetings from southern California, HazMatt.  This is a great forum! Welcome.

Alps

I was just in your area this past weekend. Fried myself at the state fair (: Welcome! I'll be down there every so often, and there are a LOT of fellow enthusiasts in your area so if you're into it, go make some new friends! (Feel free to contact me to get started)

1995hoo

Welcome. I lived in Durham for three years in the mid-1990s (Duke Law School) and I see the spree of road construction down there still hasn't abated. I'd kind of like to find time to go back and play the Washington Duke golf course again, but the money's tight these days. I lived in the area when I-540 first opened and ran only between I-40 and US-70. It was a good place to go if you wanted to drive much faster than was really a good idea.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

jcarte29

Welcome Matt! I am new as well, and I have lived as far west as Winston-Salem and now find myself on the NC coast near Wilmington. For the longest time I have thought NC is one of the country's worst when it comes to building interstates, but I think we are catching up!
Interstates I've driven on (Complete and/or partial, no particular order)
------------------
40, 85, 95, 77, 277(NC), 485(NC), 440(NC), 540(NC), 795(NC), 140(NC), 73, 74, 840(NC), 26, 20, 75, 285(GA), 81, 64, 71, 275(OH), 465(IN), 65, 264(VA), 240(NC), 295(VA), 526(SC), 985(GA), 395(FL), 195(FL)

goobnav

Nice to see somebody else from Durham on the boards.  I am originally from PA, move to NC at the end of '93 saw many changes here in the Triangle from the conversion of US 1 to 4 lanes to Henderson, to I & NC 540 and the 64/Knightdale bypass.
Life is a highway and I drive it all night long!

Takumi

Welcome. I'm from Richmond, but my dad lived in Greensboro for a year and I stayed with him a lot then. I also have family in Currituck County, but there are still plenty of areas in NC I have yet to explore.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.