News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

New to this forum

Started by geogroadwxguy91, February 01, 2012, 09:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

geogroadwxguy91

Hi there. My name is Chuck and I am from Ohio. I recently moved to Minot, ND and I am a big geography fan. I am a map collector and also collect atlases and postcards. Maybe I can correspond with fellow members here in the Central States. Have a good day all!

Chuck

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Alps

Possibly the first North Dakotan we have here. Share with us!

geogroadwxguy91

Sure.. I always wanted to live out the open prairie. I am a veteran of four trips across the US and I am big on traveling especially looking at road signs and highway markers. The trip can be just as fun as getting to your destination. I moved here in September and  proud to be called a newly branded North Dakotan. I live in Minot which is served by three US Highways: US 2, US 52 and US 83 and also three Business Loops: Biz 2, Biz 52 ( Burdick Expressway or the Burdick, as it is called which goes thru the heart of Minot) and Byp 83 which goes around the west side of the city. will post more as I make my rounds throughout the forum.

Chuck

goobnav

Welcome from NC, I am originally from the Poconos in NE PA, the Atlantic City of Appalachians.
Life is a highway and I drive it all night long!

bugo

I was in Minot in 2009 and 2011.  There are lots of cool bridges in Minot.  I posted some of my pictures here:

http://bridgehunter.com/nd/ward/

bugo

Here's the most interesting bridge in Minot:

The Anne Pedestrian Bridge and the 8th Street Pedestrian Bridge are very cool as well.  My current Facebook picture is a pic of me standing on the Anne Pedestrian Bridge.  These are the two smallest truss bridges that I've ever seen.

6a

Strangest bump of the year nominee right here folks  :bigass:

agentsteel53

Quote from: bugo on August 20, 2012, 09:51:19 PM
The Anne Pedestrian Bridge and the 8th Street Pedestrian Bridge are very cool as well.  My current Facebook picture is a pic of me standing on the Anne Pedestrian Bridge.  These are the two smallest truss bridges that I've ever seen.

is it a through truss?  I've seen lots of pony trusses for pedestrian bridges (tough to tell apart sometimes from just a simple railing, but I judge them to be pony trusses when they look to be bearing the deck, as opposed to being held up by the deck)

I don't think I've ever seen a through truss that was narrow enough to be clearly intended for pedestrian use, but I know that along US-395, there is a three foot wide, maybe 30 foot long suspension bridge in someone's backyard! 

looks like he was done building sheds and spice racks and wanted a new challenge.  :sombrero:
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.