News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

I-75 Interchange upgrades in Lowndes County

Started by afguy, October 03, 2015, 12:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

afguy

I was over at GDOT's website and it seems they plan to upgrade every interchange and bridge in Lowndes County. I was aware of the plans to rebuild exits 22 and 29, but I was unaware of the plans for exits 2,5,11 and 18. It's all part of a long range plan to make I-75 eight lanes through Lowndes County. Anyway, here's a breakdown of the projects.

I-75@Lake Park-Bellville Rd Interchange Rebuild
I-75@Lake Park-Bellville Rd Interchange Rebuild-Lowndes County by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT is planning to rebuild the interchange at Lake Park-Bellville Rd. The existing bridge carrying Lake Park-Bellville Rd will be replaced with a three-lane bridge. The exit/entrance ramps will also be widened and lengthened. The rebuild should get underway in 2017.

Interstate 75@Lakes Blvd Interchange Rebuild
Interstate 75@Lakes Blvd Interchange Rebuild-Lowndes County by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT is planning to rebuild the Lakes Blvd bridge over I-75 to accommodate the future widening of I-75 to eight lanes.

CR 783/Loch Laurel Rd Bridge@I-75-Lowndes County
CR 783/Loch Laurel Rd Bridge@I-75-Lowndes County by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT is planning to rebuild this bridge to accommodate a future widening of I-75

S.R. 31@I-75 Interchange Rebuild
S.R. 31@I-75 Interchange Rebuild-Lowndes County by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT is planning to rebuild this interchange to accommodate a future widening of I-75 to eight lanes. The new bridge will feature seven lanes. In addition, the exit/entrance ramps will be widened and lengthened as well.

I-75@S.R. 133 Interchange Rebuild
I-75@S.R. 133 Interchange Rebuild by brandon walker, on Flickr
GDOT is planning to rebuild this interchange to accommodate the future widening of I-75 to eight lanes. The new bridge over I-75 will feature 8 lanes and the exit/entrance ramps will be widened as well.

Tom958

I am agog that GDOT has simply decreed that I-75 at the Florida line needs to be eight lanes someday, and that therefore we need to start tearing out bridges now. Moreover, it has been similarly decreed that the median shall remain as is, increasing the required width beyond what has hitherto been needed, at least as far as I know.

I dunno... I suppose that this isn't any more extravagant than what's already been done in other parts of the state. Still, to me part of the fun of roadgeeking is being able to figure things out ahead of time, or, failing that, understanding the reasons after the fact. But with GDOT, it's as though anything can happen.

:banghead:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.