AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Williamson County (Northern Austin Metro) Projects  (Read 5855 times)

thisdj78

• Last Login: Today at 01:11:42 AM
Re: Williamson County (Northern Austin Metro) Projects
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2023, 09:33:45 AM »

I was driving through the area near the Samsung construction zone, and I saw a tent with a group of people at FM 3343. It turned out it was the official groundbreaking ceremony for the construction of the FM 3343 overpass. I missed the main event, but there was still some activity and I took these photos.

When leaving the event I saw a car-carrier with a load of Teslas going to a parking lot on the southeast corner of the intersection. That parking lot is the site where Teslas are loaded onto trains.

I just looked at the long term schematic for this intersection, looks pretty clear that they intend for US79 to be a full freeway between Hutto and Taylor:

https://www.wilco.org/Portals/0/Departments/Infrastructure/Roadbond/Documents/FM3349/20200910-FM3349-Final_Ultimate.pdf?ver=2020-09-14-152659-823

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.