News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Elevated expressway, possible toll road planned for Savannah's Abercorn Ext.

Started by airforceguy, October 29, 2012, 04:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airforceguy

Elevated expressway, possible toll road planned for Savannah's Abercorn Extension
Posted: October 28, 2012 - 12:41am  |  Updated: October 28, 2012 - 8:15am
http://savannahnow.com/news/2012-10-28/elevated-expressway-possible-toll-road-planned-savannahs-abercorn-extension

alex5793

I had posted on this in a thread regarding Truman Parkway back in August.  Based on the business impacts, there is really no other way of filling in the "blank" between Truman Parkway Phase V and the Southwest Bypass.  This, in combination with a new interchange at King George, would help the traffic situation tremendously.

In the long term plan, SR 204 should become a full freeway, by getting rid of a small signal between King George and US 17, and then adding ramps to/from I-95 and eliminating/ bypassing the signal for Gateway Blvd.

-Alex5793

Henry

It would be like Boston/Milwaukee/San Francisco in reverse; we'll see how that turns out.

Quote from: alex5793 on October 29, 2012, 05:09:38 PM
I had posted on this in a thread regarding Truman Parkway back in August.  Based on the business impacts, there is really no other way of filling in the "blank" between Truman Parkway Phase V and the Southwest Bypass.  This, in combination with a new interchange at King George, would help the traffic situation tremendously.

In the long term plan, SR 204 should become a full freeway, by getting rid of a small signal between King George and US 17, and then adding ramps to/from I-95 and eliminating/ bypassing the signal for Gateway Blvd.

-Alex5793

If I were living in Savannah, I would endorse this project without any second thought.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.